Friday rant - Abusive Manager

^ Dude, fk all that noise. Managers who have short fuses also have short swinging ds.

That was my thought. I guess obtuse means something more obtuse in french than en anglais.

I generally take it to mean stubborn in a way that prevents you from understanding the truth about something, so that one’s “stupidity” is less about your actual intelligence than one’s stubbornness.

Still, it sucks when these things happen. My boss was all upset that I hadn’t fixed something that I’d requested his feedback on, except he’d never given me the feedback. He was acting like I’d delivered a final product that was woefully inadequate and put the company at risk. I’d specifically said that this wasn’t final and the things he complained about were things I’d asked him about and never gotten an answer on. Not quite as bad, but it still feels unjust.

Part of the reason for your reaction is that you put this schmuck on a pedestal. Stop doing that with your managers.

I feel sorry for the manager. He has to suffer everyday of his life being a French. I wanna hug every French person on earth.

I know that many men have their period more than twice a month. It’s crazy and unpredictable. It has something to do with testosterone (or lack of it).

Obtuse is a huge insult in France. One of the sexual positions in France is “ze obtuse”. This position is embarrassing for men with small di$ks. Maybe the manager wants to compensates for something petite.

Haha I had a crazy crazy manager once. I don’t know if it works for all crazy types, but I learnt to say yes, yes, sorry, yes, and not listen to a word he said.

Firing back always made everything worse. If it gets unbearable, get out (I did). Just become a statue, eventually they run out of steam. If you work with at least a few decent people, they know who the real idiot is.

In one ear, out the other.

This is funny. I have had similar experiences in the past. A couple of years ago I decided that I would never again show a draft copy of anything I was working on to my boss and it has served me well.

I used to send a draft for feedback and tell him in the mail and verbally that this isn’t the final version and there’s a lot of stuff still to be ironed out, but would like his take on X, Y, Z. The response that came back inevitably had little to do with X, Y, Z but full of complaints about all the little things not fully finished. So now I send what I consider to be a final version, and if he has any comments or criticisms I can make amendments afterwards.