FRM - Early registration breaks all records

GLOBAL ASSOCATION OF RISK PROFESSIONALS ANNOUNCES RECORD EARLY REGISTRATIONS FOR 2009 FRM EXAM PROGRAM 15,000 Already Signed Up To Take the Exam in November New York, London, Istanbul, May 5, 2009 – The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP, www.garp.org) today announced that its Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) program continues to set records by registering 15,483 candidates as of the close of its Early Registration period April 30, 2009. GARP’s FRM program, the internationally recognized benchmark program for financial risk management professionals, increased registrations as of the close of the Early Registration period by 72%, or 6,463 candidates, versus registrations received at that point in 2008. In addition, Early Registrations exceeded the total number of FRM program candidates for all of 2008 by 13%, the first time that has happened in the Early Registration period since the program’s inception in 1997. Richard Apostolik, Global Association of Risk Professional’s President and CEO, said, “The importance of risk management and independently qualified risk managers is being recognized the world over. Organizations and enterprises around the globe recognize that the skill possessed by FRM holders allows them to move into leadership positions and proactively work with top management, Boards and advisors to address the unique and unprecedented issues that are the result of the current financial crisis.” In 2008, 442 firms, representing every major financial firm, consulting company and regulatory body, as well as major academic institutions had at least five or more FRM candidates register for the 2008 FRM program. This number is expected to grow dramatically in 2009. The 17,673 FRM holders around the globe come from over 3,000 different companies and 137 countries. Dr. Rene Stulz, Chairman of GARP’s FRM Committee, said that, “The unprecedented increase in registrations for the FRM exam is testimony to both an increased demand for solid risk management expertise as well as the success of the FRM program in helping candidates acquire that expertise and in certifying that they have done so. Much of the success of the FRM program is due to the work of the FRM committee, a volunteer group of practicing risk managers at leading financial institutions, in setting rigorous standards for the exam and in keeping the curriculum current and relevant with respect to the increasing demands of the profession.”

Record early registration for the reason that people only want to take 1 exam as well

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Record early registration for the reason that > people only want to take 1 exam as well Yep, that’s why I registered.

I have yet to come across any jobs where they ask for or even mention the FRM. Maybe it’s more prevalent in the risk management arena but I haven’t seen any evidence of its usefulness yet in the jobs I see.

The reason I register is also because I want to get it over with in one exam. I did bump into jobs where they ask for FRM.

I’ve seen many jobs that want it. But yes, they are risk jobs.