from BIG4 Advisory to PE

Hey guys, as the title implies, I am looking for a job change. I have 2 years experience of consulting at a big4 in financial advisory, basically doing financial Due Diligence for M&A transactions but also significant assignments on financial restructuring. I want to switch to PE/Venture capital. I think it is a realistic goal: Big4 transactions advisory is a very typical background for PE people, but I want to make the move fast before I get an accountant tag on my forehead (even if I am no accountant). BTW I am a level III candidate, not that it means much, but still. Potential problem : I just have a BA (no MBA/Master’s). Care to share any relevant thought/info/tip/experience, etc. ? Cheers and thanks

the job mkt as it is in this country, you will need to be an ex-ibanker or from a top mba program. without either of these it will be next to impossible. try reaching out to your overseas network if you can. deals are still being raised there.

I mean in Europe.

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, > as the title implies, I am looking for a job > change. > > I have 2 years experience of consulting at a big4 > in financial advisory, basically doing financial > Due Diligence for M&A transactions but also > significant assignments on financial > restructuring. > > I want to switch to PE/Venture capital. > I think it is a realistic goal: Big4 transactions > advisory is a very typical background for PE > people, but I want to make the move fast before I > get an accountant tag on my forehead (even if I am > no accountant). > BTW I am a level III candidate, not that it means > much, but still. > > Potential problem : I just have a BA (no > MBA/Master’s). > > Care to share any relevant > thought/info/tip/experience, etc. ? > > Cheers and thanks do you know someone who has gone this route? i suppose you can go through boutique firms that recruit from big4 advisory

I personally don’t believe that a top MBA is a must for entering a European PE firm (in US it definitely is). So, I suggest you try to network with someone from the inside (e.g. ex-colleagues). Also, maybe you should not narrow your search to top shops. Since you have only 2 years of experience, a boutique could be a nice place to start (as pacman suggested).

Some big 4 have alumni directories. If yours does, look up those in pe to speak with.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some big 4 have alumni directories. If yours > does, look up those in pe to speak with. +1

also, you can try to move into Deal Integration at big4

http://www.marlinandassociates.com/team.html Before joining M&A, Brian Siebenburgen started his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Financial Due Diligence group, where he worked as an advisor to buyers on both small and large transactions. Among his more assignments, Brian worked with the team that supported private equity firm Cerberus on several transactions, including the purchase of Chrysler Corporation. His other clients included several corporate acquirers and the hedge fund Och-Ziff. Since joining Marlin & Associates, Brian has worked on the sale of InfoDyne to IBM, the sale of Tenfore Systems to Morningstar, the sale of S&P’s Vista Research unit to Guidepoint Global, and NYSE Euronext’s sale of Hugin to Thomson Reuters. Brian is originally from Cincinnati, Ohio. Prior to graduation, Brian worked for the Cincinnati Reds and for Delta AirElite Business Jets. Brian earned his BS in Commerce with concentrations in Finance and Accounting from the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia. He has passed Level II of the CFA exam and has passed the exam to be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).