Full Time MBA - PT Job?

Does anyone have insight about a part time job they had while attending business school full time? I’m not opposed to bluecollar jobs either. Craigslist has a ton of part time work in finance/accounting as well. 1st idea. UPS Package Handling - They provide $3k a year in tuition assistance, benefits, and it will be such a position that I will no longer need a gym membership. Does anyone else have ideas? Right now I work full time in back office, I graduated with a finance degree in 2006 and have experience in retail banking, cooking, and bartending, while attending undergraduate.

I know someone that was a bartender. Pays well and can usually be a 3-4 night a week job.

Are you considering FT job and PT MBA?

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you considering FT job and PT MBA? I’ve considered, however I’d rather go full time for personal reasons.

You could try getting an MBA-level internship once you’ve been accepted to school. From what I’ve seen they’re usually around 30 per week, however it’s probably better suited for PT MBA since you’d most likely need to have availability during business hours.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You could try getting an MBA-level internship once > you’ve been accepted to school. From what I’ve > seen they’re usually around 30 per week, however > it’s probably better suited for PT MBA since you’d > most likely need to have availability during > business hours. Surprisingly craigslist is flooded with professional internships that go throughout the academic year. I’ve considered this as well, however the hours may not agree with the class schedule.

One place you should look is on the schools website, most of them will have a job/internship listing page that you can find a bunch of PT gigs that might be more valuable for experience while in school.

take the debt, enjoy your time in school. there is plenty of time for work (the rest of your life). what is the real marginal benef of working vs. having time to study, network, interview, socailize, etc. (which is really what B-school is about).

Is it really that common for full time B school students to not work at all?

I recently read that the majority of FT MBA students do work, although I know it is fairly common not to work at all. ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it really that common for full time B school > students to not work at all?

full time. you will get an internship over the summer hwere you will learn more in 10 weeks than you will flipping glasses for 2 years. do full time and take a report.