Fund Accountant

anyone know the salary range for a Fund Accountant (description: calculate fund NAV’s and prepare financial and tax reports for assigned funds). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

35k to start in Toronto.

Depending on the level I guess…after 1 year of Deloitte Audit and no CPA (at that point) I think people were leaving (I interviewed and considered) some that would have been 55-60K at 15-20B Hedge Fund. But I dont recall the level, etc. This was in Dallas, TX.

38-45k in LA for entry level.

32-40k entry level in toronto

Yep I’ve heard 34-35k in toronto.

I am a fund accountant for a hedge/PE fund with 18 b AUM. After 1 year I have a salary of 50k with a bonus of 10%. I am in Minneapolis. Think this is pretty typical.

Depends on where youre gonna be working. Custodians pay the least.

apcarlso Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am a fund accountant for a hedge/PE fund with 18 > b AUM. After 1 year I have a salary of 50k with a > bonus of 10%. I am in Minneapolis. Think this is > pretty typical. Except you are an accountant with a fund, not a fund accountant. Are you also a fireman?

the highest i’ve heard for fund accounting for BB in toronto here is 43K which is senior fund accountant and they’re also managing people. but that is just to start though the job requires 3-5 years of experience i’m sure some make 100k though…

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the highest i’ve heard for fund accounting for BB > in toronto here is 43K which is senior fund > accountant and they’re also managing people. but > that is just to start though the job requires 3-5 > years of experience > I know for a fact that my company pays more than that for an SFA in Toronto. Not a whole not more, but more. Close to 50 with a 10% bonus or so…

Does anyone think an entry level fund accountant position is worth pursuing, mainly to get your foot in the door of a decent Asset Management Firm in Toronto? As it relates to experience to get your foot in ER, I think it’s quite poor, what do you guys think?

It’s the first job for at least 70% of people going into the asset management industry… that said, it won’t help you get into ER. It might help you get a middle office role in AM if you do well and pass your exams.

Ahhh ER…the dream of so many, but the domain of so few. Put it this way, if you ain’t in ER now (I assume your just getting out of school and were not recruited) you ain’t getting in any time soon. It’s a bitter pill we have all had to swallow. LT perhaps, but not without experience.

I asked the same question to some people. the impression I got was that moving within the company would probably be harder then going out since from what they tell me, none of the new hires came from within.

> Except you are an accountant with a fund, not a > fund accountant. Are you also a fireman? What? The title of this post is “Fund Accountant”. The title HR gives me is “Fund Accountant.” We have a prop book and a fund book… that’s why there is a distinction. From your posts, I see you are a man of detail. But, do you split such fine hairs on a regular basis?! Please take the title of my position up with HR. Haha, but I would love it if they changed my title to fireman. I would probably pull way more ass.

34-39K In Boston. I started as a Fund Accountant, after a few months I was moved over to Pricing. At least in the shop I work, you get lots of experience with the newest most complex securities and derivative instruments out there, also software expeience, bloomberg, VBA, access and stuff… Also, i routinely talk to traders and sometimes PM’s… probably wont seal the deal for moving up but getting your name out there is usually a good thing Experience and being able to talk about complex financial instruments can be very useful when interviewing for FA, ER or other more Analytic roles. So, i wouldnt say its IDEAL for moving to ER, but its certianly a start if you are having trouble breaking into the industry (understandably). GenY