Funny Job Posting (Qualifications)

Description: Looking to be a Financial Advisor to grow business in a small, reputable firm? Here’s your chance to enter the world of high-level business as a financial advisor. Our client is a smaller company, so if you’re looking for a large bureaucratic machine (ie. big banks) this is not the fit for you. But if you’re wanting a chance to shine at a true full-service firm and learn all aspects of the business-with a chance to potentially take over as partner/owner within ten years-then read on. You’ll be trained and mentored by one of the best in the business, an amazing gentleman who was previously a top performer with several of the large banks. He left to take over a smaller firm along with three partners, and the firm to this day has one of the best reputations in the lower mainland. “Small firm” combined with “full-service” means you can sell the entire suite of financial products and advise investors in stocks, bonds, GICs, mutual funds, as well as life insurance, group benefits, and more. This holds tremendous learning opportunities for you, and will also mean more lucrative selling opportunities than with other organizations. It also means better attention to clients, something that is often lacking at other firms. Qualifications: To be qualified for this role, you must hold a business degree or business diploma with a major in finance and have 2-5 years of work experience. Note: this is not a role for accountants; this is suited to someone with a personality and desire for consultative selling. You would be calling on a list of warm leads generated by the firm, a list of people with a range of personal net worth, which means you can select the clients you want to take from now, into retirement, and beyond. You must be outgoing and intelligent, give creative, professional presentations, and most of all, offer consistent, outstanding service to build business for the firm. You have an existing client base which proves your skill at prospecting and your drive to succeed.

Puke.

the lower mainland? is this posting from China?

I see a lateral recruit from Edward Jones falling in love with this posting.

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Note: this is not a role for accountants; this is > suited to someone with a personality LOL

“this is suited to someone with a personality” I’ve never seen a job posting insult so many people.

Vancouver. It’s posted on Craigslist.

The best I’ve seen so far in my job search… “PT Bookkeeper - 420 friendly” and “Ivy League grad needed for receptionist job” Craigslist is gold In MN, I see a lot of adds that say “Bachelors required, MBA or CFA a plus”…well, no $hit, it BETTER be a big plus if I’m going to spend 2 years of my life and blow $100k. I get the impression the people writing the ads have no idea the cost/effort it takes to get a MBA and CFA. So recruiters, make up your mind, you either want an MBA or you don’t…

> you can select the clients you want to > take from now, into retirement, and beyond. Beyond retirement? now THAT is customer service!

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > you can select the clients you want to > > take from now, into retirement, and beyond. > > Beyond retirement? now THAT is customer service! well spotted. Seriously, who writes this sort of crap?

who would put “I want to work for a large bureaucratic machine” on their CV?

Goldman applicant?