Funny resume mistake

The below section of my resume has been there for awhile and I’ve sent it to at least a dozen companies. A recruiter caught it today and asked me to revise before sending it to the hiring manager.

“Conduct fundamental analysis on corporate issuers and asses current market conditions in order to provide recommendations to portfolio managers.”

Really embarrassing.

lol.

But lets be honest, we all conduct fundamental analysis on “asses”

huh. I actually missed it on the first pass on reading it fast.

good edit though

Did you get any calls back from the dozen applications?

I’ve had three interviews with my “asses” resume and hopefully a fourth with my current application. Didn’t make it past the HR screen and 1st round for two of them. I made it to the 2nd round with an all day interview for the other. For the all day interview, each of the ten people I interviewed with had my resume in hand. It makes me cringe thinking about it. However, just like iteracom did, I have a feeling that most missed it. This particular recruiter must have had her head in the gutter when reading my resume.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the only hiring manager in this thread (iteracom) missed it. A lot of effort is put on resumes but the reality is it’s scanned in 8 seconds.

You got 3 interviews from about a dozen applications? That’s not bad.