Funny stories from work

hey all, we had a “funny stories” thread a while back that ran its course, so i’d like to start a new one. there is one story that actually took place at my office about 20 minutes ago that i would love to share with you all. first, let me describe the situation. i sit in a corner cube where there’s a very small passageway between a concrete wall and a side wall of my cubicle. this passageway is clearly not an actual hallway – there’s only about 12 inches of passage space between the concrete wall and my cube wall, so i don’t think it’s actually meant for people to walk through. it’s there so that i don’t have to be flush up against the concrete wall. thus, from time to time – usually about half a dozen times a day – people that don’t want to walk around the “normal” way or that don’t give a crap about bumping into my cube and disturbing me will walk through this passageway. anyway, this afternoon, some woman who probably weighs at least 350 lbs, generally being lazy and perhaps not very considerate, attempts to get through the slim passageway. however, she actually gets stuck and sandwiched between the concrete wall and my cube! i don’t want to look, but i can totally hear her struggling to get through. i can feel her trying to wriggle around every which way – i mean, how can i not – she keeps moving around so my cube walls are literally shaking and i can’t help but notice her monstrous existence. this goes on for like 30 seconds, and i don’t know if i should be horrified or amused. so, generally being the gentleman that i am, i get up off my chair and politely ask her, “hi, can i help you?” she looks at me completely embarrassed and not knowing what to say. i’m looking at her thinking she’s the female version of the “Stay Puft” marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. finally, one of her colleagues comes by and pulls her by the arm through the passageway as she escapes the deadly clutches of my cubicle wall and ambles safely into the printer room. people these days…

For anyone that’s curious, here is a miniature version of what she looked like. http://teachingphysics.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/staypuft_marshmallow_man.jpg

so wrong its funny

Shoulve just set a piece of Cheesecake at the end of the faux hallway. She woulda compressed her ribcage like a mouse and slipped right out, or should I say, compressed her ribcage like a hippo?

Don’t know whether you consider this as funny or stupid but here it is - In my current firm, holiday party is a big deal. Company spends thousands of dollars to throw xmas party in which they serve booze, 10 types of cheeses (imported from Europe), steaks etc etc. I’ve heard that in 90s, they found someone having sExx with his female colleague in bathroom which is weird. MDs and SVPs used to throw after party and used to invite female colleagues and used to have orgy. I don’t buy it but three different MDs have confirmed it stating they miss xmas parties of 90s because of this.

Look up the Shearson Lehman Boom Boom Room. Yeah those things happened.

Numi, I didn’t know you worked outside! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcDOKRL3GtY

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey all, > > we had a “funny stories” thread a while back that > ran its course, so i’d like to start a new one. > there is one story that actually took place at my > office about 20 minutes ago that i would love to > share with you all. > > first, let me describe the situation. i sit in a > corner cube where there’s a very small passageway > between a concrete wall and a side wall of my > cubicle. this passageway is clearly not an actual > hallway – there’s only about 12 inches of passage > space between the concrete wall and my cube wall, > so i don’t think it’s actually meant for people to > walk through. it’s there so that i don’t have to > be flush up against the concrete wall. thus, from > time to time – usually about half a dozen times a > day – people that don’t want to walk around the > “normal” way or that don’t give a crap about > bumping into my cube and disturbing me will walk > through this passageway. > > anyway, this afternoon, some woman who probably > weighs at least 350 lbs, generally being lazy and > perhaps not very considerate, attempts to get > through the slim passageway. however, she actually > gets stuck and sandwiched between the concrete > wall and my cube! i don’t want to look, but i can > totally hear her struggling to get through. i can > feel her trying to wriggle around every which way > – i mean, how can i not – she keeps moving > around so my cube walls are literally shaking and > i can’t help but notice her monstrous existence. > this goes on for like 30 seconds, and i don’t know > if i should be horrified or amused. so, generally > being the gentleman that i am, i get up off my > chair and politely ask her, “hi, can i help you?” > > she looks at me completely embarrassed and not > knowing what to say. i’m looking at her thinking > she’s the female version of the “Stay Puft” > marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. finally, one of > her colleagues comes by and pulls her by the arm > through the passageway as she escapes the deadly > clutches of my cubicle wall and ambles safely into > the printer room. > > people these days… Ha ha ha ha… I mean that is too too funny. Please set up a webcam and you (your coworkers) can be an overnight internet sensation. Live off the proceeds.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Numi, > > I didn’t know you worked outside! > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcDOKRL3GtY that’s hilarious. where’s a forklift when you need one!!!

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Numi, > > > > I didn’t know you worked outside! > > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcDOKRL3GtY > > that’s hilarious. where’s a forklift when you need > one!!! LOL too funny, why don’t they leaver her in the hole a week without food and water, then problem solved.