Futures contract

Was the exchange rate for CHF-USD given. Did some need to be converted from CHF to USD?

Yes. Exchange rate was 1.05

yes, I think it’s 0.003million or small number( answer),right?

Ya I thought this was pretty dirty by the cfa, there weren’t many examples were you had to convert. I felt pretty bad after the exam when I mentioned it to someone and they kinda looked at me blankly when I mentioned “exchange rate on the futures.” That’s tough.

The Schweser 5day seminar in dallas went over this exact type of problem. At least it paid off for something!!

I spent 5 min to find exchange rate. really thought that they forgot to give it )) but finaly found 1.05 :slight_smile: BTW they didn’t give Debt rate in WACC calculation at AM session?

Probably the same face I just made…FML doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ya I thought this was pretty dirty by the cfa, > there weren’t many examples were you had to > convert. I felt pretty bad after the exam when I > mentioned it to someone and they kinda looked at > me blankly when I mentioned “exchange rate on the > futures.” That’s tough.

I thought it was dirty for CFAI to make you convert currencies for all questions until the last one that was in USD. Wasted 10 mins before I noticed it was in USD.

At least I got 1/4…lol

this was bs of CFAI in my book. i saw the exchange rate and all they were trying to do is trick people.

Yeah, I really feel bad for those who missed that because frankly that was not testing people’s knowledge. It was easy to miss it.