g&t test

He is 4

Ok so he’s probably running around no longer crapping his diaper, but still?! How do you make him study? What does he study? This is all new to me.

It is your average iq test. Sequences, associations, ect.

It is your average iq test. Sequences, associations, ect.

Godspeed to him sir. I shudder to consider the reality of a poor helpless 4 year old, forced to mingle with the prols in a conventional education. In a nation such as America, with endless opportunity, kindgarten placement is so important. Without top 4, Walmart is the only possible employment outcome. Godspeed sir. Godspeed.

There is actually a body of researchers that believe it does have a large impact. Not necessarily on the OP’s kid, but in general school systems tend to be the best for the places successful people live or can pay for. There are really some terrible school systems in USA. Some think its a very big structural impairment to movement up the hierarchy. Given that I attended one of the worse school systems in the country, I can most certainly see how it may be the case.

^ Of course there is a benefit. And if I was in OP’s shoes living in a place with such a ridiculously unjust education system I’d be trying to get my kid into top schools too. I’m sarcastically giving him a hard time, but I do understand his situation and am sympathetic to it. We have our kid in a very expensive education focused daycare. Tons of programming, learning different languages, etc. This is a hugely unfair advantage over folks in my community that cannot afford it. That’s a problem, but at the same time I won’t disadvantage my kid in protest. What seems to be missing here other than my sarcasm is any concern for the rest of the population subject to below average education because they didn’t do well on a test at age 4. America’s education system is throwing a lot of potential talent down the drain. And its markedly unfair.

just leave it here

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/benjamin-button-special?bftw&bffb&utm_term=4ldqphs#4ldqphs