Geithner on Charlie Rose

Anyone watched this last night? Geithner seemed quite calm and collected and basically had a positive outlook on things. One thing he said was that look for the government to spend until individuals start spending again. He said the challenge is to balance the desire to build enough confidence for people to start spending again, and fear of future higher taxes. Charlie Rose as usual was interrupting his guest every few seconds.

I saw that, and I thought that Geithner did a very good job, and to his credit, Charlie actually let Geithner speak more than his typical guests. I remember when Geithner’s nomination was approved and he made his first policy speech, I was worried that he didn’t have the mettle to handle the job. I definitely got the impression he is much more on top of things now. Lots of market purists will chew him out and any government intervention would probably seem anathema, but I walked away (or went to sleep) with a positive impression of the plan.

I’ll have to stream this today.

Youtubin’ it right now…would have gone with a flashier tie, so dark and dreary and um purple?

I’m still impressed how people like Buffett, Gates, Paulson, Geithner and many big names in politics, business and entertainment would take a full hour of their time to come on the Charlie Rose show, yet wouldn’t give more than 5 minutes to anyone else.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m still impressed how people like Buffett, > Gates, Paulson, Geithner and many big names in > politics, business and entertainment would take a > full hour of their time to come on the Charlie > Rose show, yet wouldn’t give more than 5 minutes > to anyone else. Buffett always gives Becky Quick tons of his time… but my belief is that the ol’ horn ball would prefer to give her something else.