Gender pay gap

^

I get that, and if I’m calling the shots at a company we aren’t going to be discriminatory(at least not consciously) but I think people should be free to hire who they want, serve who they want and pay what they want. Let the marketplace weed out the bad actors.

Okay. This is good. I actually laughed at this. Once one person starts talking over another, the rest of them start, like a bunch of hens. Gives me a headache sometimes.

Forecast: men will continue to be better at most everything for the next 300,000 years.

:sob:<< EGALITARIANS BE LIKE >> :sob:

another good point I read is that if you consider the total number of men in the workforce is greater than woman>> this means men contribute more towards taxes.

However since woman have longer life expectancies on average>> they benefit more from public services (tax contributions) over their lives

My experience of mixed sex meetings is that men massively dominate the conversation, often when they have little of substance to say, whereas women are too timid to speak up even if they have a good point to make. I don’t see why a male-dominated meeting would go any better/worse in general though than a female-dominated meeting. More than anything, meetings need to be focused with a strict itinerary and strong chair so that wafflers are cut short and everyone feels free to get their point across.

I can appreciate the sentiment of the libertarian free market train of thought and on longer timescales I feel it is a valid plan, I just think at some level the people of a country have the right to impose restrictions on a company to increase their quality of life. The time scales that the market cam impose justice on companies tends to be a lot longer than most peoples careers. Obviously there needs to be a balance between the two and striking that balance is pretty complex because most people have a different ideal situation

hahaha that was good

As usual your thoughts are all muddled.

And so who exactly is the decider , who is this “their”? Oh right, authoritarian liberals. And they are analytical geniuses? Hardly. Unbiased? Hardly. And so what happens? Racism and sexism against whites, asians, men, conservatives, religious. And then what happens? Populist uprising; revolt of the majority groups. And did you learn anything watching this process play out? Nope.

:grin:

Are you saying that women going to school and getting “smarter” will be passed on to offspring after awhile? I’m not sure how you’re tying this all together otherwise. It sounds like you’re saying, “Because women have only been able to get formal education recently, men are a bit smarter, necessarily. If women had been allowed to be educated for the last 200 years, women would have gotten just as smart as men.”

If this is your point of view, you’re incredibly lost on how genetics and inheritance works. If this wasn’t your point, please clarify what it is you’re trying to say.

not in the slightest tickersu, but since women have entered the work place a lot of careers have been slower to really “allow” in women in that sense. Its partially a self fulfilling prophecy because women dont want to work in a field knowing they will be one of the few women working in that field. It is also the growing culture of women pushing their daughters to go into more challenging fields other than teaching and social sciences and sales that will have them getting more educated. Women getting educations & working is relatively new, I think its pretty naive to think that they arent just as capable in most tasks because we just allowed them their foot in the door and they arent performing at the same level as men (based on PA’s average numbers he loves to throw out) the timescales these things act on are huge, and things are still in the process of changing.

But instead most men (like PA) would love to act smug and naturally look how full of himself he is. Does PA suffer from A) Overconfidence Bias B) Being a cynical loser or C) Both of the above, the answer would be C. Just because something is one way, does not mean it has to be/or naturally is that way. There could be underlying system dynamics that pushed society to that end state.

As to you PA - no, not “liberal authoritarian”. We as a society are certainly capable of voting and establishing rules. We have TONS of stupid rules established by religious conservative white males in this country, why arent others allowed to make some? War on Drugs was a smashing success wasnt it. But sure lets just have people thump that bible some more maybe itll help.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying what you meant!

Wow, the brainwashing worked on you, bigtime. :grin:

What a load of liberal rationalizing! Social construct, liberalism as a mask for corporate hate, suppression of majority groups, especially hatred of men and whites (by whites), push for gynarchy. All the corporate-liberal clinches!!!

PA smells like showerfarts

more “woe is me” im such a persecuted advantaged individual and things are so hard on me. Tired of white males on this bored crying about how hard it is being a white male. I would imagine most people on this board from a western country (regardless of race) lead a relatively privileged life and arent exactly struggling. I work a shitty BO job and make decent comp, have all my bills paid, and have some savings put away which is more than most in the country. Most on this board are likely well above the national averages.

If you are a white male in a western civilization and you cant see that it is obviously better to be A) White and B) a male, then you are blind. That doesnt mean its eay, that doesnt mean you lead a silver spoon joke of a life like Trump (which is where most people cry if you bring up the word privilege) and the fact that its certainly looked upon more favorably to be asian in a western country than to be black or hispanic must hurt your feelings or something. Its called recognizing reality, I thought it was your specialty.

and btw PA I am hardly one to push corporate interests if you have looked at any of my posts on any topics related to that.

Not talking about myself. I’m an analyst and observer.

Americans do not agree with your view, see vote. :bulb:

You just don’t know you are pushing corporatism, it’s all packaged as “freedom and liberalism and woo hoo”, but it’s corporate humanity-hate for profit maximization. Hillary and Obama are neo-nazis.

certainly there are valid arguments to disagree with me, you just seem to cough up bannons talking points. Just think of it this way, if you were being born in america and could choose you sex & race I would venture most would pick white and male.

Go to any place of work. Women generally value work/life balance higher than responsibility and higher income. Women prefer safe and stable employment while men are more willing to take risks. PA may have a rude delivery but the genetics side of this is undeniable.

Where have I ever spouted love for BO & HRC? I liked some things BO did but he left a lot to be desired. he certainly didnt take on the military industrial complex & the for profit prison systems that are both rife with corruption and waste. He didnt end the war on drugs, his healthcare bill was watered down junk. I have plenty of gripes with him, but it looks like DJT is ready to give the corporations exactly what they want so how is that any different?

I voted for BO in 98, didnt bother voting in 2012, voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 so dont act like I am some party line democrat. I vote libertarian & green parties about as often as I vote dem. For all these social issues about trans bathrooms and crap, do I really care much about them? No not really, but its not much skin off my back to let gay people marry and let someone use a different bathroom. Who cares. Those are wedge issues to get social conservatives to tow the party line and give in more to the cable/oil lobbies. Would I ease up on it if I were the dems? yea I would likely slow the pace of pushing for these things, I would also negotiate some sort of truce with repubs to drop pushing for gun control legislation after every shooting to get something they care about. But yes, my views are manipulated to be in line with the liberulz-globalist agenda to make everyone including the frogs gay.

In 1920s?

In USA 2017 you would want to be born black, female, gay. Those people have 3500% normal rights, white males have 60% rights, white conservative males have 40% rights, white women have 150% rights, white conservative women have 80% rights. There is a sick racist/sexists liberal-created hierarchy.