General Feelings on AM Grading

Hi All,

Just wanted to throw this out to the group and get peoples thoughts. I have talked to a few Charterholders who mentioned they were quite pleased with the credit they received on the AM session in years past. It almost came across as if they recieved credit they felt was much more favorable than expected. However, I have also seen posts on here indicating they felt grading was much tougher than expected. Does anyone have any past experience one way or the other?

-Dave

Does anybody know whether you receive partial credit if you answer the question in a reversed way, e.g. you list two advantages instead of two disadvantages?

zero credit.

Okay, that sounds pretty strict. Without getting into any specifics: Was this one question asking for three advantages of 1 vs. 2 or three disadvantages of 1 vs. 2?

Rule of thumb if there was formula required to calculate and you demonstrated the calcus bit than partial credit is guaranteed but if you are specifically asked to list the disadvantages and provided the advantages than less luck to get the partial credit

to give the benefit of the doubt I d say it would depend how you formulate the answer say you mentioning the advantage as the disadvantage of the other option …

hope that somehow provides some clearance

Hey Guys,

Don’t want to troll here, but the real purpose of this post was to dicuss the actual grading of the AM portion as a whole, not specific questions. Just to restate:

Just wanted to throw this out to the group and get peoples thoughts. I have talked to a few Charterholders who mentioned they were quite pleased with the credit they received on the AM session in years past. It almost came across as if they recieved credit they felt was much more favorable than expected. However, I have also seen posts on here indicating they felt grading was much tougher than expected. Does anyone have any past experience one way or the other?

pretty sure 0 credit for the second advantage if you gave 2 advantages and 1 adv/1 disadv was the question. Moreover, they might be complete dicks about it, and only look at your first advantage - if that advantage was incorrect, but the second was correct, I feel like they’d only grade based on the first one. That’s how I figure they’d do it, but maybe the grader would have a heart and go with the correct one.

Either way, 0 credit for giving the second advantage in lieu of a disadvantage.

I think that’s a fair assumption. Just back to my previous question so I can sleep peacefully: In the AM session when two investments had to be compared: Was the qustion asking for three ADvantages or three Disadvantages of 1 vs. 2?

You can sleep peacefully knowing that you F’d that one up…

reading this forum after L3 is just a bad idea

I seem to remember it was the latter (3 DISad’v)

i remember writing three responses…do not remember topic or adv/disadv…

If there are questions that purposely play with words, almost half the answers will be toward one direction while the other half toward the opposite direction. What do you think comes to the mind of the grader:

• Another fool

• Another one, the right answer for the wrong question

• Gotcha

• Ha ha ha

• C ya next year

Or

• The poor guys

• What have we done

• They know the subject, but they were tricked

BTW, am not against such questions as long as they’re not unethically subjective

I repeated L3 once i.e. 2011 and 2012. F’kd up both times. My personal experience is that I did not receive any more credit than I deserved both times for the AM. Only the second time, my competitors f’kd up more than me

on My way or the highway!!!