General recalled to Washington after controversial remarks in article

I guess after 9 years even the Afghan war is an epic Fail. Ah well at least maybe we can extract the $1trillion in minerals to try and pay off the war debt. What a pathetic waste of lives and money. http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/22/general.mcchrystal.obama.apology/index.html?hpt=T1

Biden = ‘Bite me’ ??

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What a pathetic waste of lives and > money. could say the same about the mets…

> What a pathetic waste of lives and money. Equity research?

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What a pathetic waste of lives and money. MBA? CFA? CAIA?

To be more serious… No matter how much I respect the military and McChrystal’s badassness and might dislike any particular administration or Obama/Biden…let’s not forget that the civilian leadership is above the military leadership in this country. Obama/Biden are the elected leaders and their offices are more important than any number of generals’ stars and/or medals.  I believe that McChrystal has failed in his duties since he has fostered an environment for his staff that mocks the chain of command (America’s chain of command, not his(!), based on offices and not people/personalities), the chain that he’s a part and is bigger than him…even when it’s an annoyance and inconvenience

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To be more serious… > > No matter how much I respect the military and > McChrystal’s badassness and might dislike any > particular administration or Obama/Biden…let’s > not forget that the civilian leadership is above > the military leadership in this country. > > Obama/Biden are the elected leaders and their > offices are more important than any number of > generals’ stars and/or medals.  > > I believe that McChrystal has failed in his duties > since he has fostered an environment for his staff > that mocks the chain of command (America’s chain > of command, not his(!), based on offices and not > people/personalities), the chain that he’s a part > and is bigger than him…even when it’s an > annoyance and inconvenience Agreed, when chain of command breaks down you’re one step away from your military becoming an undisciplined corrupt ragtag group of warlords. A large part of Japan’s downfall in WWII came from the fact that their senior military officers had risen to posts controlling government actions.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- A large part of Japan’s downfall in WWII came from > the fact that their senior military officers had > risen to posts controlling government actions. yep, that and some nukes…

i love how this whole thing was sparked by a reporter taking notes ‘off the record.’ if a reporter took notes of everyone’s ‘off the record’ comments unemp w/b 90+%