Generation gap

I noticed that most shoppers today were 16-25. Those people couldn’t possible know what are hardships of recession. What are the odds they will learn how to save?

0% probaility.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 0% probaility. Sad. I still remember how back in Russia i had to wait in line to get a box of sugar and that i would excited of second hand clothes that my cousin would send to me from Holland.

americans don’t save. period. will this be a problem in the future?

They’ll learn. But not before they suffer the slings and arrows of (seemingly) outrageous fortune.

You are older than 25 comscikid? i think its time to change your name. ComSciMiddleAgedMan

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are older than 25 comscikid? > i think its time to change your name. > ComSciMiddleAgedMan i am still a kid at heart. I still sleep with Boba Feet by my side

time to let go of the name of friend…,

I am 25 and actually know everything I need to know about the resession. My 18 year old brother in law also knows that the finanical aid he was hoping to get for college is not going to be there. So for the focused people 16-25 I would say they do care as you could make a point of the 26-35 year old losers.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am 25 and actually know everything I need to > know about the resession. My 18 year old brother > in law also knows that the finanical aid he was > hoping to get for college is not going to be > there. > > So for the focused people 16-25 I would say they > do care as you could make a point of the 26-35 > year old losers. Knowing and experiencing it is 2 different things. Wasn’t trying to single any generation out, was just making a point that current generation are much more willing to take risks

I would like to think the younger generation will learn to save. If the don’t on their on volition it may have to happen by force. It may not be the current 16-25 year olds though. If there really is some economic hardships it could be those that are just children now. All of this makes me think of my grandparents who lived through the depression. There is no doubt it shaped their relationship with money and saving. My grandmother still won’t get rid of anything and views risk much differently than later generations.

Knowing and experiencing it is 2 different things. am I not experiencing it?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 0% probaility. > > Sad. I still remember how back in Russia i had to > wait in line to get a box of sugar and that i > would excited of second hand clothes that my > cousin would send to me from Holland. Comp, I know it’s not comparable, but I live close to Holland and way back my mum got excited over clothes I got (at age 3) from some relative in the US. My family thought of them as immensely rich (they had a house in Boston and one in Florida). In retrospect I’m not so sure they did all that well, but that was the story anyway.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > time to let go of the name of friend…, How is your math? If Comp queued in that line back in 1991 at age, say, eight that would pretty much sum up to about 25.

Americans don’t save–we consume. Going to be a big problem once the rest of the world stops lending the U.S. money in the near near future.