Genworth

Does anyone have any insight into Genworth Financial Inc? I have an interview with them for a senior management role. it would be a significant step up for me, good pay, good perks, but I am a bit nervious about moving into the “mortgage and life insurance” business. Any views on the stability of the company or how it is being affected by the housing crisis? Good move, bad move… ?

I have a contact there who tells me that firings and lay-offs are coming. The noise seems to be that most dead weight VPs and Senior Managers should have their resumes shined up. Willy

Thanks Willy. Its happening pretty much all over the financial sector now though… cant say my company is faring much better. Can you share with me any insight into the company culture, what your contact has said about his experience at the company etc? Has he been there a long time? Thanks, Josh

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a contact there who tells me that firings > and lay-offs are coming. The noise seems to be > that most dead weight VPs and Senior Managers > should have their resumes shined up. > > Willy Interesting. I have a friend there who indicated to me that they might be hiring soon. Maybe he is in a different area, or maybe he’s on the way out and doesn’t even know it!

My contact there is at the VP Level and he - over the last 2 months - has stated nothing but urgency in terms of trying to get interviews and opportunities going elsewhere. So while certain departments are hiring, its more at an organizational level where the cuts will be. Like I think that if you’re a VP or Senior Manager you should be worried. If they cut a couple of VPs, they’ll save a lot more than by axing a few junior analysts. Willy