Getting Eye F'd by girls....

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > guess the guys here aren’t the type to have long > term relationships. > > all this game… delaying phone calls, only > hanging out on your terms, pretending like you > don’t care may make her want you but she will > never love you. Broke up with the fiance a little while ago and started a new job that is taking up a lot of my time, so after doing the serial dating thing thing I just wanna have fun for now. Also, people posting about how love filled and drama free their life is = boring, so there is some self selection.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >Most success with women comes down to execution > and momentum – if you can talk to her without > making it awkward, and can keep the ball rolling, > you will usually do well. Relax, and take a shot; > if she is checking you out, you are already more > than half way there. I think this is true if she isn’t already attracted to you. As long as you look relax and confident will always leave a good impression. If she is already attracted to you I love making things arkward for her (but look comfortable yourself) it will automatically seal atleast a kiss. i.e. was hanging out with some coworkers at a bar and this girl who has a crush on me comes over and starts taking about random work stuff. she wanted to make a move on me, emotionally she was basically looking for acceptance. When she finished her sentence i just looked right at her eyes smiled after a sec and this made it so arkward for her she had to say something “what? why are you doing that?”. Then go for the kiss (i didn’t) and she would of accepted the kiss becuase the kiss was the only acceptance she would of gotten from me.

I could definitely tell bromion has picked up some PUA material. Is I right?

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I could definitely tell bromion has picked up some > PUA material. Is I right? I read a friend’s copy of double your dating when it first came out, but that is the only PUA book I’ve read. In general, I’m pretty skeptical of the whole PUA movement. I went to school with the guy who won the first season of the PUA tv show. I didn’t personally know him well, but he was obviously beyond a lost cause (why they picked him, I guess). At any rate, we have some mutual friends, and he invited me to be his friend on facebook sometime after he won the show. He posts some pictures of some pretty medicore looking girls on his facebook, so I guess PUA helped him go from no girls, to girls most guys wouldn’t be interested in, and therefore it was somewhat of a success. Not to say that one man represents the entire range of possibilities for PUA, but I am skeptical that it is some kind of cure all. I learned most of the core principles I use in high school before the PUA movement started. My good friend was incredible with girls, and it made no sense – he’s 5’6", slightly overweight, has pock mark acne scars, had a beat up old car, didn’t play any sports, and came from a family with no money, yet he was consistently pulling some of the best girls in school (cheerleaders, etc.). It made absolutely no sense to me. So I started watching what he was doing, and trying to learn as much as possible from him. After a few years of thinking about it and trying stuff out in college, I came up with a philosophy of what works for me personally. Some of it overlaps the PUA stuff (cocky & funny, not being a wuss, etc.), and some of it doesn’t (I don’t wear large fuzzy hats or paint my nails colors to try to stand out from the competition, for example).

I heard that girls will find you wildly attractive after you pass CFA Level 1.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard that girls will find you wildly attractive > after you pass CFA Level 1. Definitely true.

So many PUA pros, CFA should have a section on it!

FPUA - that’s what I say. I’m with Bromion, develop experimentation tailored to your personality/style/skills/bankroll/whatever. Reading what some douche says is silly to me - do you.

My friend got eye-f’d by this girl with a strap on. Now he’s a pirate.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you are not a particularly > witty or funny guy naturally, just use good eye > contact and body language, and try to avoid saying > anything stupid or needy, and smile so you don’t > seem creepy, and you should be in good shape (make > sure you number close if it goes well). The hotter the girl, the less that the option of “playing it safe” will work. You will come across as boring if you can’t integrate some humor or playfulness in your game. The hot ones are not looking for an average joe. If you’re not funny, you better have something else going for you (amazing looks, career, money, status, etc.) to compensate. Other than that, your posts in this thread are bang on.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The hotter the girl, the less that the option of > “playing it safe” will work. You will come across > as boring if you can’t integrate some humor or > playfulness in your game. The hot ones are not > looking for an average joe. If you’re not funny, > you better have something else going for you > (amazing looks, career, money, status, etc.) to > compensate. Other than that, your posts in this > thread are bang on. No question, but I didn’t want to freak him out and get him to be all self-conscious before he even starts approaching girls. Really hot girls get approached 50x a day so you better bring something new and interesting, as you said. And by that, I don’t mean a new way to complement her looks, because she’s heard that one a million times. I do think though that if you’re an average guy and have a confident approach, you’re still doing better than 85% of the guys out there even if you’re not funny or ridiculously good looking. By analogy, I somehow had my work contact info added to some database of hedge fund guys and I get at least 25 calls or emails a day now asking me to meet with management teams, or take a survey, or apply for some job or a bunch of other annoying crap. There is no way to get off the list, so this is now a part of my daily work routine. The other day I was sitting at my desk and was like, damn, this must be what it’s like to be a hot girl – constantly getting unwanted and annoying attention from people you don’t care about. I just hang up and delete the emails without even looking at them, which is exactly what happens to average guys dealing with hot girls when they can’t find a way to stand out.

What’s the database? Maybe you want to tell them you have changed your contact details to mine… just doin’ you a favor…

Yeah Brominion. Add my contact info too!

http://www.bigdough.com/overview.cfm I’m sure if you want to be added, you can contact them.

LOVE the website name hahahahaha

bromion, I agree with what you’re saying, but using the tv show as the general guideline is wrong - not everyone should wear big fluffy hats. I also read one book (The Game), and the author mentions that he studied a bunch of stuff, but picked what worked for him, and was pushing that point across. So of course you need to be yourself. You’ll soon realize the more you can be yourself and give half a @#&* about others, the more confident you become, leading to cocky/funny, etc. All of the men I’ve seen that are successful with women undoubtedly have the trifecta of confidence, humor, and intelligence (not necessarily high IQ, just have something to teach/show them that will entertain them). You really don’t need anything else, though having other qualities (status, career, etc.) boost the confidence.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > All of the men I’ve seen that are successful with > women undoubtedly have the trifecta of confidence, > humor, and intelligence (not necessarily high IQ, > just have something to teach/show them that will > entertain them). You really don’t need anything > else, though having other qualities (status, > career, etc.) boost the confidence. Your trifecta is pretty close to my list (mine contains 4): 1) Confidence 2) Humor 3) Assertiveness 4) Interesting (fun to be around)

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mp2438 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > All of the men I’ve seen that are successful > with > > women undoubtedly have the trifecta of > confidence, > > humor, and intelligence (not necessarily high > IQ, > > just have something to teach/show them that > will > > entertain them). You really don’t need anything > > else, though having other qualities (status, > > career, etc.) boost the confidence. > > > Your trifecta is pretty close to my list (mine > contains 4): > > 1) Confidence > 2) Humor > 3) Assertiveness > 4) Interesting (fun to be around) none of 4 has anything to do with intelligence

I forgot another one - you should be well-groomed. Not necesssarily good looking, but should take care of yourself hygienically.

here’s a list. 1) Ge good looking contains the subset - Gym or play sports - Confident - Well groomed - Good genetics if possible (but not as important as most think; if you are in shape, well groomed and confident, having a chiseled jaw doesn’t add that much extra unless you’re trying to date a supermodel). Being good looking is the best thing you can do for yourself. It’s the first thing girls notice, and they make the decision on whether they are interested in talking to you or not based on it. It projects power, money, and that you have your life together.