Below is my understanding of the process. I just submitted my application for regular membership today. Does anyone know how long it takes to actually get the charter?
- Apply for Regular Membership
Here’s what you’ll need to apply for CFA Institute regular membership:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience
- A passing score for the CFA Level I Exam or the self-administered Standards of Practice Examination
- 48 months of professional work experience in investment decision making
- 3 professional references
- Local CFA Society membership. (CFA Society membership is optional but strongly encouraged.) Join a CFA Society.
Wait for notification by email when your application is approved.
Activate Membership by (i) Signing Member Agreement, (ii) Filing your Professional Conduct Statement and (iii) Paying your annual dues.