GIPS hint

I just realized for the first time: Non GIPS compliant returns prior to Jan 1 2000 MAY be linked to the compliant returns presented after Jan 1 2000- for regular composites HOWEVER- for SMAs firms cannot link years of non-compliant performance (prior 2006) to compliant performance. Don’t know why this slipped my notice before, I knew the part about regular composites, but never realized this difference with SMAs.

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just realized for the first time: > Non GIPS compliant returns prior to Jan 1 2000 MAY > be linked to the compliant returns presented after > Jan 1 2000- for regular composites > > HOWEVER- for SMAs firms cannot link years of > non-compliant performance (prior 2006) to > compliant performance. > > Don’t know why this slipped my notice before, I > knew the part about regular composites, but never > realized this difference with SMAs. Real Estate is the same. FIRMS MUST NOT LINK non-GIPS-compliant performance for periods beginning on or after 1 January 2006 to their GIPS-compliant performance. FIRMS may LINK non-GIPS-compliant performance to their GIPS-compliant performance provided that only GIPS-compliant performance is presented for periods beginning on or after 1 January 2006.