GIPS Question

Page 350 CFAI problems they say: " Market Value 12 March = 19550000" - " Includes cash contribution of 2265000 received and available for investment on 12 March" What’s the weight for this CF when using Modified Dietz method ?

(31-13)/31… i think it says to assume it contributed at EOD on the 12th right?

Well, if they say the cash was available on the 12 for investment doesn’t that mean it was available in the morning of the 12th ? … It’s not a big deal , just trying to see what they’re thinking is.

i think using 13 day would be overthinking the question, whatever day they throw at you, 12th in this case, should be used, so it would be (31-12)/31

if it’s available on the 12th: (31-12)/31… if not available until the end of the day on the 12th then: (31-13)/31…

volkovv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think using 13 day would be overthinking the > question, whatever day they throw at you, 12th in > this case, should be used, so it would be > (31-12)/31 Sometimes they like to test minute details, so I assumed that “available for investment” meant that you have to add one day. If it’s a MC question and they give the two possible answers, I’m going with 13 :slight_smile: