gips statement.

Brown and Brown Associates is a money management firm that is advertising that it is GIPS compliant. In its advertisements, the statement that the firm can use in claiming compliance is: A) “Brown and Brown Associates has prepared and presented this report in compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®)”. B) “CFAI confirms that Brown and Brown Associates are in compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®)”. C) “Brown and Brown Associates claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®)”.

C

you’re right… but i posted this question to ask why there has to be a separate statement for the advertisement? i guess because it’s not a presentation. annoying.

c it is

yeah, have a feeling this advertisement crap will be on the exam as well. makes GIPS just even trickier.

only reason i got this was because i read gips today… one week to go. i need to have this thing down locked!

Dwight had a great post earlier today around remembering the disclosures… http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,983129 I’ll add mine as well to remember the 7 components of GIPS: GIPS PICkeD CRaP P = Presentation & Reporting I = Input Data C = Composite Creation D = Disclosures C = Calculation Methodology R = Real Estate P = Private Equity

dpak Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll add mine as well to remember the 7 components > of GIPS: > > GIPS PICkeD CRaP > > P = Presentation & Reporting > I = Input Data > C = Composite Creation > D = Disclosures > C = Calculation Methodology > R = Real Estate > P = Private Equity Haha awesome. The idea of equating GIPS with crap is perfect.