GIPS - What is the BEST way to study this?

Just thought I would throw this out there. What is the BEST way to study GIPS in your opinion? (SS#18) My Plan: Memorize only the REQUIRED items. Read the GIPS Document on the CFAI website. Do the CFAI exam questions at the end of the chapter. I’m just trying to find the best way to memorize dozens of bullet points… Your thoughts?

DISCLOSURES ARE KEY!

^ TOTALLY AGREE!! Knwo all disclosures like you know your monkey.

Maybe if I stopped playing with my monkey I could have more time to memorize this schiznit! ;-D

i hope he’s not a sh!t throwing monkey :slight_smile:

Data_Monkey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just thought I would throw this out there. > > What is the BEST way to study GIPS in your > opinion? (SS#18) > > My Plan: > Memorize only the REQUIRED items. > Read the GIPS Document on the CFAI website. > Do the CFAI exam questions at the end of the > chapter. > > I’m just trying to find the best way to memorize > dozens of bullet points… > > Your thoughts? GIPS document? I thought all the required material was in the 6 books?

how likely would we see GIPS in the morning?

actuaryalfred Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how likely would we see GIPS in the morning? 99.9999999999999999999999%

yes, what is that GIPS document?

here it is http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2469/ccb.v2005.n5.4002?cookieSet=1

IMHO Schweser is the best at GIPS reviewing. Just 2 cents

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actuaryalfred Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > how likely would we see GIPS in the morning? > > > 99.9999999999999999999999% why? 'cause last year GIPS was not in Level 3?

If the link above didnt work (from Vlolvovv) - I got some cookie error. - try this and click on the GIPS PDF. Not a hard read… pretty much to the point. Just another source if you need. GIPS is in the CFAI Readings (SS#18 - bk 6). Its REALLY wordy. http://www.gipsstandards.org/standards/current/index.html

GIPS will be on the morning section, I stake my limited reputation on it.

don’t be so sure, last year it was not in the morning session…

haha…then that is the first year since 2000 i believe. I guess I was exhibiting Overconfidence bias

GIPS appeared in the afternoon, item set last year. about three questons in total ?