GIPS

should i dedicate much to this? mind you, i’m working exclusively off of CFAI material and much of it has “optional reading” next to it. This stuff looks like legal jargon, plus i’m itching to move on to Quant… thoughts? mc

There were a few questions on GIPS on the June 08 test. A couple of questions were pretty specific such as the treatment of real estate. I would read it a couple times, but mainly focus on answering questions about GIPS. Most of them are easy - 5 year minimum compliant reporting history, major sections of GIPS, etc.

They got into specifics about real estate… weren’t the sections on real estate and PE optional? And weren’t the GIPS for these recommendations at this point, not requirements? I’d hate to miss a few easy points so I guess I’ll go back through the optional material.

Read the Schweser summary. There were 4 questions on GIPS which were super easy if you had read the information

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There were a few questions on GIPS on the June 08 > test. A couple of questions were pretty specific > such as the treatment of real estate. I would read > it a couple times, but mainly focus on answering > questions about GIPS. Most of them are easy - 5 > year minimum compliant reporting history, major > sections of GIPS, etc. i dont remember them asking any specific questions on real estate. are you sure about this? the question i recall on gips listed topics and had the candidate select the one that WASNT part of gips. it was a pretty easy one. i would just remember the sections. the one that stood out that clearly wasnt on that list.