GIPS

I have heard many people say to read the CFAI curriculum for Ethics. So I am wondering, does anyone have some insight as to if it is time well spent to read the GIPS material in CFAI after reading it in Schweser? Or would it be a waste of time and basically be a re-hash of Schweser

no, i don’t think there is ANY benefit in reading both Schweser and CFAI on GIPS. for the small % of questions in the exam, i don’t think it’s worth it.

Thank you, I was leaning that way as well but did not want to take a lazy route

I just read Schweser’s GIPS. The content is extremely monotanous as it is; basically just a thousand little nuances rules for reporting requirements. I think reading it once in Schweser and then taking all of the practice problems is enough. There’s only so much you can do to prepare; it will essentially be throwing darts either way.

I would spend more time nailing the other sections.

holy s*** GIPS is boring

I’ve heard a lot of people say that you should leave GIPS to the end of your prep.

Is it best to cover it in April or right at the end of May?

It’s gonna be trial by fire for me - I’m just going to jump into questions and learn that way. I’d probably be better off reading through ~78 pages of Mandarin than through those pages if I actually wanted to learn something. I learn kinesthetically; this HAS to work!

(I’ll check back in the text throughout the process for clarifaction though)

Important note - I don’t know a single word in Mandarin.