Girlfriend of Level 2 Candidate here.... How can I be supportive while BF studies for his exam?

EDIT: THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS! :))))

It will depend on what you want your relationship to be. Is it a long-term relationship? Or just a bf that you may change/leave in the future?

As people matures over time, things like this appear: studies, work, children, business, etc, and time between partners diminish. That is life looks to be in reality, not a perfect world for everyone.

I would suggest you to be as always, just respect his study times. If CFA 2 literally makes him quit from life, then CFA is not for him. Also would recommend him to set an appropriate time frame for L2. If he wants to pass L2 in 3 or 4 months, then it is better to take a break you too. In my opinion, that choice is really poor.

In my personal experience, I set 11 months of study for L2 (relaxed), so my gf didn’t even noticed the “effort” (I was working full time btw).

Some ppl like to rush, hope your bf is not like that. People should enjoy the ride…

You sound like a good gf. So as I said above, continue being the same girl you are :wink:

Good luck !

Did you really create an account just to post this? This is CFA blog, not couples counseling. You either want him to succeed or you don’t. If he wants to see you, I’m sure he’ll make time.

There are 36 replies on reddit. Are people giving you an answer different than what you’re looking for?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFA/comments/802ir7/my_bf_is_studying_for_level_2_how_can_i_be/

RUN, GIRL. IF HE DOESN’T HAVE TIME FOR YOU, YOU DON’T HAVE TIME FOR HIM.

LOL, kidding, kidding.

You may play the role of a proctor while he’s taking a Mock exam.