Global Warming

SWM seeks investment ideas that would be most/least likely to suffer/gain from the impacts of climate change.

I do environmental work and just finished a consultancy assignment with a major bank on climate change investing. Contact me if interested: brucebiz_wi at yahoo place.

^bchadwick, Thanks for the reply. I sent you an email. I look forward to hearing back from you. Cheers!

bchad, how did you get into this line of work? do you have your own consulting firm? how did you get experience? thanks.

Before I did the CFA, I was a professor of environment and political economy (with emphasis on emerging markets), so when I decided to move to asset management, it was a natural way to combine my old career with my new career. The main challenge is that the market for this specific kind of knowledge is still fairly small, although it is growing. Consultancy was my way to do it and build a record of work in the industry and has worked reasonably well, although I don’t much like the “hustling-for-the-next-gig” aspect of being a consultant.

nodes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bdchadwick can I send you a e-mail as well? I’m > quite interested in this. No problem. Just make sure your subject line stands out, since I get a lot of spam at that address.

Guys… we aren’t doing enough. I’m in NYC and its freezing… turn up the heat already!!!

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SWM seeks investment ideas that would be > most/least likely to suffer/gain from the impacts > of climate change. Global warming is total BS… In the 1920s and 1930s the newspapers said global cooling. In the 1940s and 50s it was global warming. In the 60s and 70s it was global cooling. Now the 90s and early 00 its global warming CLIMATE CHANGE is NORMAL. The sun has more to do it with than anything That said politicians trying to scare us to tax us more is normal.

Snow fell as the House of Commons debated Global Warming yesterday - the first October fall in the metropolis since 1922. The Mother of Parliaments was discussing the Mother of All Bills for the last time, in a marathon six hour session. In order to combat a projected two degree centigrade rise in global temperature, the Climate Change Bill pledges the UK to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 80 per cent by 2050. The bill was receiving a third reading, which means both the last chance for both democratic scrutiny and consent. The bill creates an enormous bureaucratic apparatus for monitoring and reporting, which was expanded at the last minute

cycles are normal, however the current pace of change is not. The ice caps ARE melting. Climates at the edge of the artic circle are changing rapidly. cyles take decades or more to occur and only involve relatively small shifts in temperaure (which can still have large impacts). burning millions of gallons of oil per year that took millions of year to develop is inherently un-natural.

The stock market went down today, the stock market went up yesterday. The stock market went down the day before. Stocks don’t go up over time, it’s a conspiracy to get you to use brokers. Put your money in a mattress. Lindsay Wagner has a nice one with your number on it.