Glocap

They have my status set as “Under active consideration” for a few spots but nothing has happened for 2-3 weeks. Has anyone messed with Glocap much? If so, what % of the time have you gotten an interview after being under active consideration?

I’ve never had much luck with glocap, but I don’t fit neatly into pigeonholes, so I guess I shouldn’t expect much from such an impersonal process. On the other hand, the “application considered and denied” labels that pop up there are always good for those times when your ego needs a little stroking. Glocap is really good for that.

I have the same story about Glocap. I have been ‘Under Active Consideration’ for a couple of positions since September-end and a phone call gets me the answer that that particular status means there is a holdup from the client side, not Glocap’s. This is from one of the receptionists, they wudn’t let me talk to the recruiter. If you are in NY I’d appreciate it if you could give them a piece of my mind! I think if you are looking into PE, then PE-focused recruiters such as Oxford and CPI have better conversion rates.

I had used Glocap last summer when I was interviewing for ER positions. Was a prett painless process. Submitted my resume, and a few days later they called and set up an interview with a sell-side bank for an ER associate position. Could be that the job market is just a lot tougher now?..

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think if you are > looking into PE, then PE-focused recruiters such > as Oxford and CPI have better conversion rates. Thanks for the heads up. Dermot - I’m assuming you had a pretty relevant background. I’ve heard that, if you are an easy fit, Glocap is really on the ball. I think that the job market right now doesn’t help, but it’s a longer process in general for those of us who are making an “industry transition.”

The bottom line is that they contact the “most qualified” candidates according to what the companies are looking for. It may be an ego hit for many here, but if you are not contacted then most likely it is because there are many other better candidates…

I think you’re right. Glocap is a sensible process for people who want to switch companies while doing more or less the same thing, and presumably for a pay hike. If you need to make arguments about portable skills and such, networking and direct contact with managers is probably the only way.

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The bottom line is that they contact the “most > qualified” candidates according to what the > companies are looking for. > > It may be an ego hit for many here, but if you are > not contacted then most likely it is because there > are many other better candidates… Fret not, my job hunt has kept my ego in check. They supposedly wouldn’t put me under active consideration if there were that “many other better candidates”, and I started this thread just to find out what active consideration actually means.

^Again, it really doesn’t matter if it says “under active consideration”. If you are a hot prospect, then they will contact you. You were writing wondering why your status was stuck on “Under active consideration” Im just saying, they won’t overlook you if you are a top candidate.

i agree with bchadwick. It also applies to other recruiters, since they’ll only get you jobs which are relevant to what you’re already doing; or find you something which you may be over qualified for. If you’re looking to break into something new; use your network.