GMAT in applying to companies

I hear some finance and management consulting companies ask for your GMAT score when applying (ex: Goldman), how often does that really happen with these types of companies for MBA type jobs?

More often than you would think. If you scored really well on the GMAT, 700+, I would definitely include it on your cv.

If you’re from MBA, GMAT is just another easy other piece of info for companies to obtain like height, weight, vertical or 3rd grade shuttle run. I compete with MBAs for some positions and while it definitely varies I do see GMAT inquiries on many of the questionnaires. I once interviewed at a HF that asked for my SAT.

^ must’ve been Shaw.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you’re from MBA, GMAT is just another easy > other piece of info for companies to obtain like > height, weight, vertical or 3rd grade shuttle run. > I compete with MBAs for some positions and while > it definitely varies I do see GMAT inquiries on > many of the questionnaires. I once interviewed at > a HF that asked for my SAT. I killed the 3rd grade shuttle run!

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ must’ve been Shaw. Perhaps. I would say that it is just a piece of information and not make or break check mark. I had quite excellent SATs and did not get the job, due to lack of investing experience at the time.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you’re from MBA, GMAT is just another easy > other piece of info for companies to obtain like > height, weight, vertical or 3rd grade shuttle run. > I compete with MBAs for some positions and while > it definitely varies I do see GMAT inquiries on > many of the questionnaires. I once interviewed at > a HF that asked for my SAT. DE shaw asks for your SAT score…ridiculous

ive been asked for SAT scores many times.