GMAT + L2 + full time job

Trying to study for both GMAT and L2 with a full time job. Anyone in the same boat? I scored well the first time round for my GMAT but that was 5 years ago, which is why I have to take it again. I feel like I’m dumber now than I was then. Just not thinking quick enough or something. maybe the rate of brain cells dying is higher than the rate of new growth… anyway, the gmat shouldn’t be difficult at all but its just the thought of doing both… anyone in the same boat?

I’m taking the GMAT today.

good luck!

LongOnCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m taking the GMAT today. All the ver best, LongOn. Do share in your experience. I will be giving my GMAT after 7th-June-08

Similar situation here. Working full time, writing level II in June, and pursuing an MA in Economics part time as well. Might have to do the GMAT someday as well if I wish to add an MBA to my collection.

I Hate GMAT! i’d never take that exam again, never!

just finished the gmat and I am quite pleased. 49q 41v 740 97 percentile I started studying about a week after L1, so about 6 weeks. highly recommend beat the gmat dot com (no spaces) it is the AF of the gmat. good luck guys!

wow LongOn, 740 is an amazzzzing score. All that in just 6 weeks? Amazing!!

Nice job LongonCFA! 740 is a killer score, you are just breezing through it. What program are you thinking of going into? I was going to prepare for GMAT after L2 in June, can I ask you for a few tips? Shoot me an email sometime, I would really appreciate it. Sashamak@gmail.com Thanx man

SanyaizSanDiego Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nice job LongonCFA! 740 is a killer score, you are > just breezing through it. What program are you > thinking of going into? I was going to prepare for > GMAT after L2 in June, can I ask you for a few > tips? Shoot me an email sometime, I would really > appreciate it. > > Sashamak@gmail.com > > Thanx man If you could CC that email to me too… I will be doing the GMAT after L2 in June too. dinesh.sundrani@gmail.com

LongonCFA or Dinesh, I would hate to start this “email to me” thing…but I also am planning on taking the GMAT after June… would you or Dinesh mind emailing me as well…thanks in advance… chadtap@gmail.com

GMAT + CFA + school or work is hardcore. I am in awe of you guys that pull that off. And in awe of the 740 score. Congratulations! I hope to write the GMAT sometime after L2 in June as well, whether or not I pass.

LongonCFA …great job…send me that most wanted mail as well!!!..want to take gmat after L2 in june… far.mannan@gmail.com thx

guys, just head on over to beat the gmat dot com there are plenty of sucess stories for you guys to learn from!

LongOnCFA, Did you mess around with any of those prep courses out there or did you just buy a study guide? If so, which one?

Nice job LongOn, I got the same score when I took the GMAT on the 15th. After studying for Level I the GMAT is cake. I took a week off after L1 in December and studied for about 4-5 weeks. What schools are you looking at?

I might be relocating to Hong Kong for work, so I am currently looking at part-time Finance programs over there. I intend to come back to the US for an MBA later on. The GMAT score is good for 5 years in most cases so I’m not worried about that. As for the prep, I didnt take any classes. Just 3 books: Official guide (11th edition) Manhattan Sentence Correction (the SC bible) princeton review cracking the GMAT

Nice job, Long. I’m planning to start studying for the GMAT after I write Level II in June. My fiance is going to kill me with this constant studying I’ve been doing. Thankfully, my roommate is a GMAT instructor.

After my devastating 600, i am in the same boat. Time to restudy for my GMAT, and start studying for level 2 …