GM's corporate jet

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/11/27/gm-wants-to-block-public-from-tracking-its-corporate-jets/ So they removed the jet from public tracking. Crazy. If the plan they submit to Congress does not include eliminating the corporate jet, they aren’t getting bailout assistance. I think the reason that GM has gotten pounded has nothing to do with labor or the economy. The management is idiotic.

How can you explain crazy gains on GM stock? I mean equity should be rendered worthless with any reasonable bailout plan. Is it because they are heavily invested into their own stock in the pension fund portfolio and it will blow up? Edit: s/expect/explain

Jet or no jet…GM still doesn’t deserve the bail-out money. The sickness of the business is structural.

they should just file chapter 11 and try one more time. get rid of the unions

Does anyone else think the bailout money would be better spent in a payout to the workers?

How about give me $30K, and let me go out and buy a GM car.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone else think the bailout money would be > better spent in a payout to the workers? i agree, use it to start educating their workers.

I wonder how much Canada would give us for Michigan…

We’ll just take the steel or something. You guys deal with the people and the Lions

It would be crazy for GM not to have any corporate jets. They are a huge global oligopoly. Politicians are stupid.

FINforLIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It would be crazy for GM not to have any corporate > jets. They are a huge global oligopoly. > Politicians are stupid. I don’t think the public give a shi*t whether GM’s jets are a business neccesity or not. All they see is a bunch of fools being paid millions to run companies into the ground and flying around in luxury while they do it. Nobody would care about the jets if GM was earning $10 billion a year in profits…

FINforLIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It would be crazy for GM not to have any corporate > jets. They are a huge global oligopoly. > Politicians are stupid. GM might not have ANYTHING really soon. I’ll do newsuper one better and say that nobody would care about jets if GM wasn’t asking for a handout while threatening liquidation. I also doubt that the time saved by GM executives flying on those jets is really worth anything (like 0) to say nothing of the cost of the jets.