going out drinking before the CFA exam?

Last december my company Xmas party was the night before the CFA L1… as a recent graduate I felt compelled to not only go to the Xmas party but to get borderline hammered… ended up passing L1. Friend happened to be in town night before L2… I went out to have a drink or two… turned into getting more or less hammered… passed L2. Similar situation with GRE exam… ended up with 800 quant. CFP exam is a 2 day exam… went out drinking before both days… honestly thought I was gonna fail… ended up passing… Anyone do anything similarily as stupid?

You should put this on your resume so that your employer and clients know that when you come back from a liquid lunch you will be a better analyst

I think it shows you are a naturally bright/smart guy. If I went out before a CFA exam and got borderline hammered, there is no way I would pass. That is just me though. My wife went out the night before her LSAT and got a better score than the first time when she stayed in all night.

It probably helped that my usual study spot was a Taco Bell… so I could get free refills on the caffiene. I think grabbing 4th meal is crucial to surviving the next day. Only downside… don’t have nearly as much energy or desire to get schwasted the evening after the exams. L3 would prob. be too tough to pass… I feel like you need to be “all there” to handle the essays.

I think going out before a big exam helps you relax. My first final of college freshman year I went to still drunk from the night before and ended up with a 94 on it.

I like to polish off a bottle of Gin before any big event. The only way to go…

Gin? I’ll give you props for that… bad experience New Years freshman year… don’t mess with Gin anymore.

Welcome to our way of getting through life :wink:

I actually love gin and most clear liquors…but cant drink the dark ones. I will admit, last weekend I finished a bottle of gin before going out to the bar and I know we got there at 4:30, but I dont remember anything after 8:30. But for some reason I dont get too much of a hangover with gin (it isnt like wine where if I 2-3 bottles I will probably be hurting the next day).

FUNancialAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last december my company Xmas party was the night > before the CFA L1… as a recent graduate I felt > compelled to not only go to the Xmas party but to > get borderline hammered… ended up passing L1. > > Friend happened to be in town night before L2… I > went out to have a drink or two… turned into > getting more or less hammered… passed L2. > > Similar situation with GRE exam… ended up with > 800 quant. > > CFP exam is a 2 day exam… went out drinking > before both days… honestly thought I was gonna > fail… ended up passing… > > Anyone do anything similarily as stupid? hero, all these seem like a first to me.

FUNancialAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Gin? I’ll give you props for that… > > bad experience New Years freshman year… don’t > mess with Gin anymore. The second most inebriated life of my night was with a few handles of capitain Morgan Fall-Formal freshman year… It was bad. http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v13/152/111/18002067/n18002067_30008688_6446.jpg

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like to polish off a bottle of Gin before any > big event. The only way to go… uhh… That’s nothing to brag about, unless you’re 900lbs… A bottle? 750ml ?

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Welcome to our way of getting through life :wink: I’ll help you get through life. I’m really grabbing at air here, Karen, help me out…

I went through the CFA tests only drinking two shots to sleep well, but I used to do my school assignments while drinking heavily until being sh!tfaced. Somehow I did things faster and better. Maybe because when I was sober I knew I didn’t like the school, therefore my lack of commitment. I often had long drinking sessions talking to the mirror. We (the mirror and I) laughed a lot. F*cking crazy Crook.

>uhh… That’s nothing to brag about, unless you’re 900lbs… A bottle? 750ml ?< Actually, 1000 lbs. Yes 750ml…couldnt do 1.5 liter.

I did the same thing, but was just buzzed. Still waiting for results though.

I’ll never forget one night with a bit too much bombay sapphire. It turned me off drinking forever. Now i’m a 1-2 drink guy, once a month.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KarenC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Welcome to our way of getting through life :wink: > > > I’ll help you get through life. > > > > > > > I’m really grabbing at air here, Karen, help me > out… So nuppie - when did SMIRK start teaching you his ways on AF ??

Smirk is my mentor, I am a student in his domain.

of all the people to use as a mentor - why him?