Going to Start Studying Soon

And Im not freakin happy about it one bit.

i hear ya. i started very recently, i didnt miss it at all. good luck

I’m not going to start until January. Having been through this level already and scored what in “normal” years would have been a pass I don’t see the point in blowing six months to move the meter an extra 3-5%. Gonna start with review and test bank in Jan-Feb to get back up to speed on the crap I already learned. Then hammer away on my weak areas like derivatives in March. Then mocks for Apr-May. I share your lack of happiness BTW. Perhaps there will be some interesting new material.

mapping out a 6-month plan right now… starting to read Dec 1st… but am looking forward to it actually… really excited to get my hands on some beh. fin. … hope it’s all it is made out to be :slight_smile:

oopps… caps… I thought you were in L III… aren’t you? I had this board bookmarked on L II forum…

i’ll start LATER

“I’m not going to start until January. Having been through this level already and scored what in “normal” years would have been a pass” Im right there with you my friend. “oopps… caps… I thought you were in L III… aren’t you?” See above. ::vomits on desk::

Caspian: Let the comiseration begin. I went to the library and broke out the books last Sunday. Failing last time has got me thinking: same process (Schweser mainly) but just a bit deeper? Start early and stay steady? How many Schweser products do I buy? (Money is no object). This is going to suck rocks. I have told my wife and kids to expect to see Dad a lot less over the next 6 months. Oh well, if the Army reserves can do it, I can do it.

Well, the way I think Im going to approach it is also not much different from last time. I felt great going in with respect to the big topics, and I did fine in the three major categories (ethics, FSA and accounting). The reason I failed, besides a bit of bad luck, was that I obviously didnt have a firm enough handle on *all* the smallest topics. The economics section, which I was also highly prepared for, cant possibly be as much BS as last year. I was very disappointed with that section considering how much real material they couldve tested on. Hopefully this year we get something more “substantive.” The truth is, I think I might’ve passed had I got 6/6 on economics rather than the 1/6 I think I scored. I HATED that section. So that being said, I think Im going to start by refreshing the major topics since I want to have those down pat. Then Im going to concentrate on the smaller topics and I supposed they will take up the bulk of my studying. I mean, If I start Jan 1st, Ill have five whole months for something Ive already studied five whole months on.

C’mon folks - I’m getting bored with the L I questions. I’m counting on you.

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Caspian: > > Let the comiseration begin. I went to the library > and broke out the books last Sunday. Failing last > time has got me thinking: same process (Schweser > mainly) but just a bit deeper? > Start early and stay steady? How many Schweser > products do I buy? (Money is no object). > > This is going to suck rocks. I have told my wife > and kids to expect to see Dad a lot less over the > next 6 months. Oh well, if the Army reserves can > do it, I can do it. I’m not so sure this is going to suck rocks. You already have lots of background on the material and now you can start getting some interesting revelations. I’ll bet studying this time is much better than studying last time.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > C’mon folks - I’m getting bored with the L I > questions. I’m counting on you. You will have many coming from me. Get ready…

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goes to eleven Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Caspian: > > > > Let the comiseration begin. I went to the > library > > and broke out the books last Sunday. Failing > last > > time has got me thinking: same process > (Schweser > > mainly) but just a bit deeper? > > Start early and stay steady? How many Schweser > > products do I buy? (Money is no object). > > > > This is going to suck rocks. I have told my > wife > > and kids to expect to see Dad a lot less over > the > > next 6 months. Oh well, if the Army reserves > can > > do it, I can do it. > > > I’m not so sure this is going to suck rocks. You > already have lots of background on the material > and now you can start getting some interesting > revelations. I’ll bet studying this time is much > better than studying last time. JDV: I hope you are right. I must say the stuff seemed to come back to me this last weekend. Hopefully the fringe stuff that was probably the difference in me not passing will come to me this time. I may not be looking forward to studying, but I am looking forward to passing. So I guess I better study.

“I’m not so sure this is going to suck rocks. You already have lots of background on the material and now you can start getting some interesting revelations. I’ll bet studying this time is much better than studying last time.” You have a point. I can see how the studying might be a bit more…enjoyable (ugh) than last time because I have such a firm base to build on. I guess if I have as firm a grasp on some of the material as I think I do, then building on that will be easier rather than last time when I guess you’re trying to build at the same time as shoring up the base. I dunno, we’ll see. I maintain the stance that I find much of the information really very interesting, and I guess those are the areas in which I did fine. I do, however, need lots of help in statistics and I may get a tudor or something for that one section.

Add me to the list of flunkees ready to start the process (pro-sess for you Canadians). Going to be a little more difficult this year as I now have a 10 week old baby at home and we’re building a house (scheduled to move in March). The only positive is the new house will save me about 2.5 hours of total commute per day, which I hope to use for studying. JDV, we miss you next door.

greetings gents. add me to the “i would have passed in 06 with this score” group-- i had a nice 4 month hiatus from this place—and have watched more football than i think is humanly possible. Looks like its just about time to get started… got the cfa texts…anyone doing Schweser again? I just ordered it with the discount. which made me feel like a loser btw! don’t you guys think we can make it through most of the material by march? i expect our retention will be better than we expect now.

The only thing I can say, Sponge, is that I found the Schweser Audio CD’s particularly good for combining commuting and studying and also their video archives of their on-line seminars. Can strongly recommend them, and it will make you less vulnerable to missing a class or two compared to participating in live classes. I like your portrait, Sponge: http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/cartoons/spongebob/sponge_bob_2.jpg Keep that attitude up, and you’ll surely make it!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goes to eleven Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Caspian: > > > > Let the comiseration begin. I went to the > library > > and broke out the books last Sunday. Failing > last > > time has got me thinking: same process > (Schweser > > mainly) but just a bit deeper? > > Start early and stay steady? How many Schweser > > products do I buy? (Money is no object). > > > > This is going to suck rocks. I have told my > wife > > and kids to expect to see Dad a lot less over > the > > next 6 months. Oh well, if the Army reserves > can > > do it, I can do it. > > > I’m not so sure this is going to suck rocks. You > already have lots of background on the material > and now you can start getting some interesting > revelations. I’ll bet studying this time is much > better than studying last time. thats how i felt studying for level one the second time around. however a failure at this level will be much more painfull because i wont be able to get right back into it and try again six months later.