Gold Rush: Alaska

There was a marathon on yesterday and caught a bunch of episodes. It’s like watching a train wreck. It’s entertaining, but it also looks like they have no idea what they’re doing. Haven’t seen all the episodes - does anyone know if they manage to actually find some gold?

yea they do…not much though…something like $25,000 worth

I watched a lot of it yesterday too. Same thoughts. They might be the worst miners in the world.

The show “Black Gold” premiered just as oil hit $100 for the first time.

They had like 25k in gold on the last one I saw. I think they’ve got like 200k into the thing.

That’s too bad, I was rooting for them to find some gold. I guess they were pretty much doomed from the beginning though - even that 15yr old kid who came to ‘help’ them with their machine realized how much gold they would need to find to fund their operation. NP: So you’re saying AF should pool resources to create “Black Gold 2”?

They’re still trying to get more - the season isn’t over and they’re just now starting to yield more gold (a one-day pull yielded like twice their total prior accumulation). They might make some money, but winter is coming so that’s the drama.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They’re still trying to get more - the season isn’t over and they’re just now starting to yield more gold (a one-day pull yielded like twice their total prior accumulation). They might make some money, but winter is coming so that’s the drama. Gotcha, will have to watch then.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s too bad, I was rooting for them to find > some gold. I guess they were pretty much doomed > from the beginning though - even that 15yr old kid > who came to ‘help’ them with their machine > realized how much gold they would need to find to > fund their operation. > > NP: So you’re saying AF should pool resources to > create “Black Gold 2”? I’m using this show as a cyclical indicator.