Golf Clubs

Looking to buy a new set of irons. I golf roughly 10-12 times a season so mostly looking towards clubs for intermediate golfers…nothing to complicated. Most likely going to spend btwn 400-600 bucks. Any suggestions on some good clubs I should consider? Most of the internet searches said Taylor Made Burner series are good but i’m looking for some more opinions. Thanks

I got the Taylor Made R7s for $399 two seasons ago, they are awesome! I’m pretty sure you can get the Burner or maybe even some used R9s for that price.

i bought burners a couple years ago (got 'em new for $250, although retail is probably in the range you’re looking at), couldn’t be happier. the cavity backs are very forgiving. very good length and trajectory. I had to adjust to hitting the ball longer and had to change up my swing a bit at first because the burners i bought were correct length compared to my old set which was too short. before long I was throwing darts at the pin. i’d definitely recommend burners.

The best thing to do is go to your local pro shop or sporting goods store and hit balls with various sets to determine what feels best to you.

Make sure you get them fitted. Don’t buy off the rack.

I use them off the rack without any complaints. Personally I like cavity balanced clubs as they are the most forgiving for an intermediate golfer. Big Bertha, Ping, and Taylor Made all make these types of clubs. Go into a golf shop and see how you like a variety of clubs. Find a golf shop with a simulator if you live in a colder region like I do. Also, I would seek out clubs for sale on craigslist/ebay since they do not hold their resale value very well.

I am going to go into a few pro shops and tryout different clubs. I just wanted to get an idea of some irons, so I’ll have some understanding of what to look for.

i love my tommy armour’s…very forgiving and very affordable.

Check out Golf Digest’s hot list for some ideas. The Adams Idea A7’s are within your price range, assuming you are looking for “game improvement” irons. Some of the more expensive clubs can usually be purchased used at Golfsmith for a pretty nice savings.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Make sure you get them fitted. Don’t buy off the > rack. +100 I would highly suggest that whatever set you get you have them fitted. Even if you buy them off the rack you can USUALLY have them fitted later. As long as they don’t have to bend them to far it can be done. Good golf is about the quality of your misses. The great shots are the same for everyone. Fitted clubs will help tighten up your dispersion on your misses.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Analyze_This Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Make sure you get them fitted. Don’t buy off > the > > rack. > > +100 > > I would highly suggest that whatever set you get > you have them fitted. Even if you buy them off > the rack you can USUALLY have them fitted later. > As long as they don’t have to bend them to far it > can be done. > > Good golf is about the quality of your misses. > The great shots are the same for everyone. Fitted > clubs will help tighten up your dispersion on your > misses. Agreed. Having properly fitted clubs is worth a shot or two per round (even more if you are unusually short or tall). Golf Galaxy charges $50 for a fitting (at least they did a couple of years ago) and will credit that back to your club purchase so it’s free at the end of the day. I imagine Golfsmith does the same.