Good job the dollar is getting killed...

…In local currency terms, the registration, the books, the works costs something like £300!!! Ditto in Euroland. Thank you Mr. Bush, thank you Mr. Bernanke

Well, invisible tax is at work. You wonder who will pay for the mortgage bail out?

It’s great for us canadians. 5 years ago a $600 registration fee would have cost us $900 bones. Now we’re on par and just shelling out the $600. Let the good times roll. Edit–I should have said it’s great for canadians purchasing US goods. Obviously it sucks for Canadian exporters. Figured I should correct myself before someone jumps down my throat. sorry, had a few (canadian) beers with supper.

Dollars are a joke & just one part of the measuring process. I used to measure investment success in %return of U.S. dollars but I think the right way to measure wealth is with the output of a comprehensive monte-carlo life-model simulation, taken all the way up to the point that you die (plus 10 years, just in case). The % of the total net worth PATHS (not final outcome) that never turn negative are the best indicators. If you can get that number to decrease at the same time improve the quality of your life, then you are moving in the right direction. The measurement system works well with longterm deep value investing, too, since it filters out market silliness.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dollars are a joke & just one part of the > measuring process. I used to measure investment > success in %return of U.S. dollars but I think the > right way to measure wealth is with the output of > a comprehensive monte-carlo life-model simulation, > taken all the way up to the point that you die > (plus 10 years, just in case). The % of the total > net worth PATHS (not final outcome) that never > turn negative are the best indicators. If you can > get that number to decrease at the same time > improve the quality of your life, then you are > moving in the right direction. The measurement > system works well with longterm deep value > investing, too, since it filters out market > silliness. Eh, What? --Geico Caveman.

My gold investment is up 6.35% in 1 week! Woohoo!

I begun this topic just for kicks. What I really believe and I quote some other fella: “Disregard all hysteria. The ailing Greenback will not collapse this year, not in ten years, not in twenty years, not in half a century. There is no credible currency against which it can collapse. (Unless you count gold). None of the world’s rival power blocs have the economic and demographic depth to challenge American dominance.”

Euro?

jabroni Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s great for us canadians. 5 years ago a $600 > registration fee would have cost us $900 bones. > Now we’re on par and just shelling out the $600. > Let the good times roll. > > Edit–I should have said it’s great for canadians > purchasing US goods. Obviously it sucks for > Canadian exporters. Figured I should correct > myself before someone jumps down my throat. sorry, > had a few (canadian) beers with supper. It’s also good for Canadian importers who are not passing along the cost savings to Canadian consumers in any way whatsoever. I’m glad I live close to the border. I can do all my shopping in the US now. My loyalty to Canadian merchants might come back if and when we see any type of pricing adjustments on goods imported from the US due to the continued strenghtening of the Canadian dollar.