Good Luck Outrunning the Cops in Dubai

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/dubai-imagines-bugatti-veyron-latest-useless-cop-car-194419667.html

The Dubai police force now has a Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF and an Aston-Martin One-77. Apparently they’re mostly for show, but still pretty cool. Of course, I was impressed when I went to Germany in high school and saw Mercedes being used as taxi cabs.

What if the speedster refuses to pull over? Are they really going to ram into the guy with a million dollar car???

What if the speeder cuts into a parking lot with speed bumps or onto a rough backroad? Will the speeder wait for 10 minutes while the cop slowly stradles each pothole / speedbump? This is why the 911 turbo was always the best car chase car in my mind. Great handling and speed on the road, AWD to assist you if you’re off the highway, and better ground clearance (on the early 2000 models) than it’s elite peers.

That’s when they call in the Apache helicopters for backup.

ah dubai- more money than sense.

come on people. they obviously do this because they know the media will be swarming all over it. Free advertising. (well, ok not totally free… the car did cost 1M+)

Just like when Taco Bell offered everyone in a world a free taco if some space thing hit their bullseye target in the middle of the ocean somewhere

Its good to be the police in a police state

From Wikipedia:

"The Dubai Police Force has a number of luxury vehicles (which include a Bugatti Veyron, a Lamborghini Aventador, a Ferrari FF, a Chevrolet Camaro, a Mercedes SLS AMG, a Bentley Continental GT and a limited edition Aston Martin One-77) which are used for patrolling.[8][9] "

They have an Aston Martin 177? There are literally only 77 of these cars.

Anyway, I think being police in Dubai is probably like anything else in Dubai. If you are in the upper ranks, you get a ton of kickbacks. But if you are a normal person, probably not nearly as fun.