Good luck pimp

http://money.cnn.com/2008/08/28/news/companies/news.lehman.fortune/?postversion=2008082814

old news. LEH should have been sold long ago. mgmt is so entrenched there, any other shop and it would have been a 123 swoop takeunder.

Thank you. I’m okay with whatever happens, but I would rather take a package and head over to Asia rather than stick around with a firm which does not have a certain future. There’s plenty of jobs in the industry available in Asia, and there’s nothing here. I have smart, talented, experienced friends who got laid off in March and still don’t have a job and most would like to move to Asia, but some of them have family commitments. But I think my team is actually quite sound as we’re involved with Energy Research. We lost 2 people out of 80 that were cut in March within Research.

hmmm, let me know if you are looking for an associate in the rsch space. just did top 20 MBA and cooked level 1 – now looking for rsch gig in the states, but it has been tough. had 2 monster interviews last week with top HF and top/II sell side shop, but still waiting. I am happy to be patient, I didnt go to B school to accept the first thing thrown at me.

has anything been thrown at you? how much is your student debt?

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > has anything been thrown at you? how much is your > student debt? what is up with your screen name?

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank you. I’m okay with whatever happens, but I > would rather take a package and head over to Asia > rather than stick around with a firm which does > not have a certain future. There’s plenty of jobs > in the industry available in Asia, and there’s > nothing here. I have smart, talented, experienced > friends who got laid off in March and still don’t > have a job and most would like to move to Asia, > but some of them have family commitments. But I > think my team is actually quite sound as we’re > involved with Energy Research. We lost 2 people > out of 80 that were cut in March within Research. Lehman energy work is pretty solid. Jim Crandell can be a little nutty sometimes (especially when he gets talking about WFT) but he is definitely a top analyst in that group, even his associate Angie Sedita’s (sp?) new stuff at Macqurie is pretty decent. I think Paul is really underated. But E&P work not as great. It’s funny I’m going to be at the Lehman energy conference, I could potentially bump into you without even knowing it.

Oh nice! I’m headed there tomorrow, unless I walk in tomorrow morning and find out that I’m getting laid off. buddha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pimp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Thank you. I’m okay with whatever happens, but > I > > would rather take a package and head over to > Asia > > rather than stick around with a firm which does > > not have a certain future. There’s plenty of > jobs > > in the industry available in Asia, and there’s > > nothing here. I have smart, talented, > experienced > > friends who got laid off in March and still > don’t > > have a job and most would like to move to Asia, > > but some of them have family commitments. But > I > > think my team is actually quite sound as we’re > > involved with Energy Research. We lost 2 > people > > out of 80 that were cut in March within > Research. > > > Lehman energy work is pretty solid. Jim Crandell > can be a little nutty sometimes (especially when > he gets talking about WFT) but he is definitely a > top analyst in that group, even his associate > Angie Sedita’s (sp?) new stuff at Macqurie is > pretty decent. I think Paul is really underated. > But E&P work not as great. > > It’s funny I’m going to be at the Lehman energy > conference, I could potentially bump into you > without even knowing it.

The layoff’s are on 9th Sept. Internal news!

You might still get to enjoy some of the nice weather then. (not that I’m hoping you get any bad news)

Would you guys hire daj?