Good MBA program corporations

Hello, can anyone share any knowledge of corporations that have good B school support program? Thank you!

I don’t get what you’re asking? Are you asking which firms pay for your B school or which firms will help you get into B school?

United Technologies (Chubb, Otis, Sikorsky, Carrier, Pratt & Whitney) has an excellent program for continuing education. They will pay for any accredited degree program (emphasis on any). While I was there I had coworkers going to nursing school, seminary, and business school. While in school you get 3hrs a week paid time off to study/ prepare for school. When you graduate with a masters degree you get $10K bonus in company stock or options. Also there are no strings attached in terms of a commitment afterwards. When you graduate you are free to pursue other career opportunities outside of UTC.

Companies like Lockheed Martin or Boeing will often pay the entire cost. Asset management companies will usually pay 5k per year or in some cases 10k.

My company (asset management) pays 50%… I guess I can consider myself lucky. You have to go part-time though :((

krnyc2008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My company (asset management) pays 50%… I guess I > can consider myself lucky. You have to go > part-time though :(( what’s the aum range? My guess is that you work for a smaller company.

>200 bln AUM… I meant 50% of the tuition… Is that too little?

krnyc2008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >200 bln AUM… I meant 50% of the tuition… Is > that too little? count yourself lucky if they will actually pay ~$13.3k per annum in a part time program (1/2 of total cost 80k over three years). my firm wants people to do CFA not MBA and therefore will only pay up to $5000 per year and $500 per class. i’ve heard of other firms paying up to 10k per year for selected programs.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > krnyc2008 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > >200 bln AUM… I meant 50% of the tuition… Is > > that too little? > > count yourself lucky if they will actually pay > ~$13.3k per annum in a part time program (1/2 of > total cost 80k over three years). my firm wants > people to do CFA not MBA and therefore will only > pay up to $5000 per year and $500 per class. i’ve > heard of other firms paying up to 10k per year for > selected programs. I am doing my CFA now (L1 in June 08) and not going for an MBA until I get the charter or at least pass all three exams… I just graduated from college, so I have time… I always wanted to do full-time MBA, so I could network… Because even though I am planning to stay in asset management long term, I thought full-time MBA would be a good trampling in case I want to move to equity… If company pays for part-time MBA though, then I guess it makes sense to do it? What are your thoughts on that? Any help is appreciated…

it usually makes no sense to plan more than one year ahead. pass the exams and then reassess.