GOOD NIGHT SLEEP!

Do u have a secret for sleeping early…? All ideas are welcome :slight_smile: I mean one should wake up at 7 am for the exam I took the habit of finishing studies around midnight and I cant close my eyes before one or 2 am. So it will be a great challenge for me having a good night sleep before exams.

In the last 2 weeks my sleep schedule has fluctuated from 8am-4pm sleep time to now 5pm-2am. I’m staying up until 7pm today and by the exam I should be waking up by 6am!

I would quit studying at 11, clear your head for an hour and you should be able to fall asleep. And the night before the exam I suggest you quit even earlier. When I’ve tried to review until late and jump directly in bed I also can’t sleep. All I do is twist and turn with CFA material.

same.

A good stiff drink usually helps but I’m trying to preserve brain cells so I quit drinking for the last 4 weeks. That’s been more difficult than the studying itself. :wink:

hehe that makes you sleep but not wake up :)))

CFA_2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would quit studying at 11, clear your head for > an hour and you should be able to fall asleep. And > the night before the exam I suggest you quit even > earlier. > When I’ve tried to review until late and jump > directly in bed I also can’t sleep. All I do is > twist and turn with CFA material. That’s pretty freakin crazy you mention that, I had that problem last night. Studied from 9am till 1am, and couldn’t stop thinking about all the FSA stuff I went over.

One way to minimize risk is to make sure you get a good night’s sleep TWO nights before the exam. It’s pretty likely that you’ll sleep poorly the night before. This way, you’re not working on TWO nights’ sleep deficit. You can handle one. But there’s a lot of research that shows the effect of cumulative sleep shortages on cognitive function is pretty large. So plan ahead.

agree with cumulative sleep and drinks…maybe if i stop drinking every night i’ll start scoring better…but yesterday i had a drink and watched a movie…woke up at 7am and got 84 on the am section (got 74 and 76 on previous exams) so go figure.