Good time for ..

Hi, I get to take a 1 week off to study, when do you guys think it’s the best time, is it right before the test or the week before Memoral holiday?? THank you

you’re probably better taking a day here or there. you’ll get burned out if you try to study FT for a straight week.

I’m going with two weeks before…it worked out well… The day before I did nothing… I think right before is better… You’ll nail those questions that you would miss after not seeing them in a couple of weeks… Like the typical assumptions type questions that you want to get on the exam and forget Immediately afterwards

anyone else?? i can’t make a decision from a sample size of 2…

Well I’m taking off 4 days total but I’m spreading it out over two weeks. So about 3 weeks out, we have 3-day Memorial weekend. Then 2 weeks out, I am taking Thurs/Fri off for a 4 day weekend. Then go back to work. Then take off 2 days right before exam. For me, I like spreading my time out longer like this.

Take the week right before it, you’ll appreciate having a week with no other work distractions, etc in your life. Just the exam.

just before the exam is better, so u will be completely focussed, and ýou wont have to bother yourself with any shit of the work, u will feel that you are in Exam Mode, and you will be very prepared to hit the exam , good Luck

To add to your sample size, I definitely feel that taking the week off prior to the exam is a terrific idea. If anything this will prevent you from burning out and ensure that you are peaking right on exam day, which is the goal. I certainly am taking the week off leading up to the L2 exam and I also plan to take Friday, May 15th off to attend a 3-day Scwheser seminar. Just consider the NPV of expected future benefits and income received by passing now versus delaying everything a year and you should be able to justify using vacation days to take off the week before the exam. Best of luck to you all.

Guys, I am taking also 2 weeks right before the exam… I’m new around here and I am desperate to have your inputs for my dilemma. Today I post a threah “Turn Right or Left, GPS needed” and I really need your help…I simply don’t know what’s the right step to take now…I feel like i don’t want to just keep reading (as I saw that SPH and GIPS should be reviewd) and delaying even more all the q-bank stuff and exams that i have ready to use… can anyone help? many thks and good luck!

I took the week off right before the exam. I think it helps remembering random facts that you will forget quickly. In addition, I would have been useless/stressed at work that week.

I took the week before L1 off and studied hard for 6 straight days (didn’t do anything the day before the exam but rested/relaxed). I’m doing the same for L2. I found it very beneficial.

Take the week before off and study hard each up until the day before the test…don’t study the day before. Won’t help anything.

tigas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > > I am taking also 2 weeks right before the exam… > > I’m new around here and I am desperate to have > your inputs for my dilemma. Today I post a threah > “Turn Right or Left, GPS needed” and I really need > your help…I simply don’t know what’s the right > step to take now…I feel like i don’t want to > just keep reading (as I saw that SPH and GIPS > should be reviewd) and delaying even more all the > q-bank stuff and exams that i have ready to > use… > > can anyone help? > > many thks and good luck! If I could give you any advice, it would be to make sure and take the mock/practice exams from the CFAI. I believe that one is free, but I’d recommend paying for all of them. They will give you a good idea (a) how the CFAI words its questions and (b) where all of your weak points are. If you’ve already finished studying everything at least once, I’d recommend going to the CFAI website and taking one of them. Good luck.

i had to go to canada for work the week before L1 last year. it really sucked since i was working in my hotel room until like 2am, then trying to study afterwards. this year, i’m taking the week off before the test.

WIthout a doubt, take the week off right before the exam… that’s what I will do… then you can concentrate 100% on CFA all the way to the exam… Try to be as prepared as possible going into that week and not leave much for that week… I would do a 3 hour exam every morning… and then identify areas of weaknesses for the rest of the day… do this for 7 days and you will be adequately prepared for the exam.