GOP Debate

hillary and smart don’t belong anywhere in the same sentence

sounds like trump

http://nyp.st/1OV2U0v

Paul with his curly hair was like a bumbling idiot. Jeb actually did well, if his last name wasnt Bush he’d be a great candidate with a good state record. I think he has a shot. Christie did well, one of the few that seems willing to tackle the monster issues on entitlements. I’m not sure people will care that much about bridge gate but NJ folKS aren’t too happy about his record. That neuro surgeon was a clueless idiot that had the dumbest closing remark I’m ever heard. I think Trump was actually treated unfairly in the first few questions where he was asked irrelevant things that were completely off the important critical issues. It’s like they purposefully choose soundbites that were designed to simply try to trap him.he navigated through those. By God we just can’t have another idiot career politician who’s going to kick the hard choices further down the road as the US becomes the next Greece

Why Chris Christie still wears oversized clothes? Is he cheap, or is just planning to regain the weight he lost?

Jeb was the only one that looks and sounds presidential.

Trump is full of sh#t.

Paul is adorable

Itera,

I have a friend who commutes from NJ to NY for work. She said that the train issues are really crazy these days. She told me that when Christie was governor, he was offered federal aid to fix tunnels, tracks, etc but refused it and now things are so bad that there wont be anything fixed til 2020. because of this she says a lot of folks are not voting for Christie.

^ yes i’ve lived in NJ for a few years and I know well the issues. But 2 thoughts. 1) a lot of pharmaceuticals have merged, consolidated, killign the revenue stream of NJ (not christie’s fault), and 2) imagine if he was a democrat, he would overborrow, overspend while taxing you more and more to fix those things. If you bluntly asked people thousands more in your pocket? or nicer trains or roads? I think people will choose $$ in pocket.

Everyone wants the govt to do this, do that, give handouts, but no one wants to pay for it??

Nuh uh uh…we want YOU to pay for it!

I still can’t believe one of the biggest BSDs (Harvard MBA who co founded a pe firm! The anti-hacksaw!) got beat by a community organizer.

Ha, Mitt Romney was a mediocre candidate. Looks like some people are still butt-hurt about that. *Waaah he was more qualified Waaah*

The stupidest part about Mitt fans is as if we should feel privileged to have a “Harvard MBA M&A-ing on the buyside guy” to vote for. Sucks to be them! Have fun with Trump and Little bro.

I think the stupidiest part was people in the last election voting for candiates based on their race, on both sides, without regard to any of the issues that actually matter. At least a BSD can be a role model for us muricans.

Indeed

Voting for someone with a similiar background as you isn’t an immaterial trait. People seem to think people voting on race is like voting for people based on hair color; while both may not be the best method, voting on race is going to be better than voting on hair color. If someone is from your socioeconomic background, you likely share similiar views on many issues and it’s not as unrealiable a trait to rely on like hair color. This applies to people who value social issues and policy over monetary issues, as I think there would be a lower correlation with the latter than the former.

Fair enough, good catch.

oh look, the spelling troll police is in full force I see.

Given that Romney lost the election, we would aptly conclude that he was an ineffective Presidential candidate. However, part of the problem is that US election outcomes do not always favor candidates with high records of achievement and demonstrable value. Voters rely on their flawed personal intuition, rather than policy analysis, to make voting decisions. It is even easy to argue that Romney lost because he catered to these shallow voter impressions; the people who he would have relied on for votes are not able to comprehend his complex record of policy and business achievements, and how this might make him an effective administrator.

The same argument could be applied to Hillary Clinton in 2008, by then already an accomplished policymaker, who lost the Democratic primary to a talented but inexperienced opponent with a much less extensive record. Elections in the US are like a huge reality show. US history and culture focuses on people with big personalities, who we fool ourselves into believing are idealizations of our values. This year, now that a candidate like Trump (an actual reality TV star) has arisen, I fear that we have taken this one step further.

^All I hear is a lot of butt-hurt from somebody who’s favored candidate lost, and is now trying to soothe said butt-hurt by offering platitudes like “he was more qualifed”, something that purely his opinion and not an objective requirement for a candidate.

Plus, Romney is not really even that successful. Billionaire or hacksaw.