GOP Debate

Your friend is not giving you the complete story. It is true that Christie killed the ARC tunnel, but the reason was that all cost overruns were to be paid for entirely by NJ. When he killed the tunnel, the cost overruns were already projected in the billions and they had barely started working on anything. The tunnel also wasn’t expected to be completed until 2018.

Amtrak has subsequently begun an alternative project and its cost estimates are much higher for almost the same project, suggesting that the cost overrun estimates by the Christie administration were pretty much on the mark.

Your entire attitude of posting here is butt hurt about something. Perhaps your career or life - I don’t know. If you would like to talk about it, you might actually find some constructive feedback here. Anyway, that is tangential to this discussion.

Anyway, I was disappointed that Romney squandered his campaign. However, my comment was a general criticism of the US election process. For instance, I was disappointed years ago when my favored candidate, Al Gore, lost against a certain Texas oil magnate. Perhaps you might agree that Gore would have been the better choice.

I don’t think my attitude reflects any butthurt, rather I am a fair, reasonable and level headed poster who adds great value to this forum. not my problem you don’t like it.

I don’t know, wasn’t old enough to follow that election.

The ironic thing about the overwhelming support Obama got from black voters is that the black population is worse off since he became president.

Black unemployment rate went from 10% to 16%, is now 14%

Black poverty rate went from 25% to 27%

95% of income gains have gone to the top 1% (primarily non-black folks)

SBA loans to black-owned business dropped from 8% to 1.7%.

Annual federal aid available to students at historically black colleges was cut by $150 million

thanks for the summary

h

he promised #change & he delivered

^ good point

CC didn’t go with the project because it would have diverted money away from roads which would’ve required him to raise the gas tax – a political non-starter for someone who wants to be president. It really is amazing that they couldn’t get this tunnel done even with cost overruns. People (myself included) are avoiding moving to NJ for this specific reason. People live 15 - 20 miles away from midtown have 1.5 hour commutes? The buses are actually better, it’s just pure insanity.

haha nice