Got 6 weeks off - enough for Level 1?

F##% burnout… L1 isn’t that hard, really (depending on your background). You have plenty of time if you are serious and dedicated. You still have 3 months to study!? Start now, don’t wait for your 6 weeks off. I know lots of people who finished L1 with less than 3 months of studying, it just depends how focused you are. Don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done. Just because they can’t, doesn’t mean that you can’t.

6 weeks off? Nah that’s not a good way to do it. Study regularly for 3 months. Study intensively on the last month and finally take the last week off to cram/review. I did that and that’s still hell (although I only took 3 days off, that is not enough), not sure I can handle studying non-stop for 6 weeks.

order schweser…study 8 hours a day…pass the test

6 weeks = no way if someone gave you $5M to do it you could, but they didn’t and this isn’t possible. Take 3 weeks off, start now and you will pass.

Not only is it possible but it is doable if you really study for 6-8 hours a day. Please pass then laugh at all these people saying how it is impossible. I will help you in anyway that I can.

Easily done in 6 weeks x 9 hours per day.

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 6 weeks = no way > > if someone gave you $5M to do it you could, but > they didn’t and this isn’t possible. what sort of logic is this. People get motivated by other things than money : ) -

NO WAY you can effectively study for 9 hours a day. You will burn out. Cramming DOES NOT WORK. you just cant concentrate for that long. You will simply be reading for the sake of reading rather than comprehending what you’ve read. Start studying now and then take advantage of those 6 weeks for your review. its just like in undergrad, you need to LEARN the material over a few months (classes), and then take the 2-3 weeks before finals to do a comprehensive review. Thats how I’m attacking the CFA since it worked really well for me during my undergrad. I’ve been doing 3 hour sessions Mon - Fri, taking saturday completely off and the putting in about 4-5 effective study hours on sunday and its been working really well for me. my Finance degree helps too. Good luck!

You can do it but you will have aim at 250 hours plus. Probably more like 300 if you want to give yourself a really good shot at passing. I guess if you try to do this in six weeks it will put you under pressure so I would try to start earlier if possible. Personally I would also invest in Schweser. The CFA text are just to much. Good luck.

You have a Eco background thats a big boost plus you are working in finance for 5 years.I would suggest you to cover topics familiar to you (in which you have some basics) from Scheweser and totally new topics from CFA Books(I guess there would be few topics. I would suggest you to keep 15 days (* 4 hrs everyday) for revising and taking tests. Remember the golden rule:Its not what you have studied but what you are able to reproduce on the day that matters.If you have studied everything but don’t remember the exact concept it is as good not having heard the thing

If you have 6 weeks to do this full-time, you could pull this off if you already have a finance background. The thing is you really would have to go through the material in more like 3-4 weeks so that you would have some time to review notes and at least take some practice tests.