Got a 68% on mock. My score breakdown, what do you think?

Hey guys, i got a 68% on the mock exam…i thought the time challenge was tough, and i actually thought i bombed it but was surprised at how i did. Here is the score, CFA style <50 50<70 >70 Ethics --* Quant --* Econ --* FSA --* Corp Finance -*- Equities -*- Derivaties --* Fixed Income --* AI *-- Portfolio Management *-- So this is what happened: i got stuck on one quant question, took 5 minutes, and started getting nervous about the time for the whole test. I started burning out towards the end and started guessing and actually didn’t complete 4 questions. How do you think I fare?? Do you think the 68% is understated?

immatic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, i got a 68% on the mock exam…i thought > the time challenge was tough, and i actually > thought i bombed it but was surprised at how i > did. > > Here is the score, CFA style <50 50<70 > >70 > > Ethics --* > Quant --* > Econ --* > FSA --* > Corp Finance -*- > Equities -*- > Derivaties --* > Fixed Income --* > AI *-- > Portfolio Management *-- > > So this is what happened: i got stuck on one quant > question, took 5 minutes, and started getting > nervous about the time for the whole test. I > started burning out towards the end and started > guessing and actually didn’t complete 4 questions. > > > How do you think I fare?? Do you think the 68% is > understated? god dam doo, if you scored above 70% on the 4 most tested areas (FSA, ethics, quant, and bonds) you should be celebrating right now. I took an ethics quiz yesterday and got 26/27 right (96%), so I am not doing ethics until my final day review. I think if you can score 80% or higher on each portion, you will be fine. alternative investments is a very light part of the exam, so I would not worry that you got steamrolled there

You must have really bombed the last two sections for a 68% overall given the good performance for the early sections. I’ve seen breakdowns like this for the overall exam (and much worse, in fact) where people passed.

it looks like a pass :slight_smile:

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it looks like a pass :slight_smile: ditto. go crush a natty light and then come join us suckers

daj: hahaha natty light it is. thanks for the support guys yeah i really ran out of time later on and just started panicing…but yea i was just as confused at the score. does the actual exam ‘weight’ the sections differently or is it still based on a cumulative x/240 score? If it is i think i can panic less…

It’s cumulative. Section ‘weighting’ is just based on the number of questions… they don’t do a secondary calculation that then gives more significance to each section in addition to the number of questions. The thing is, you could very well end up with >70% in all but one section (say you just got 70% in each part… not a single point more), and you end up getting 0% in that final section. As a result, you could fail the overall exam if your total average fell low enough as a result. Take-away: good to see you’re over 70% in so many areas, but best to work on getting to total average up.

do they provide answer of mock exam ? final score ???

Did you get stuck on the first quant Q on retirement income? I spent 5-6 minutes and couldn’t get an answer that matched the options…I have a feeling there might be an error because their answer explanation appears to use the wrong number of retirement years

I think your scores look similar to some of the passes that were shown back in January when the December test takers posted their scores…I think it looks good! Congrats!

YES that was the question…bad question IMO. they are assuming that inflation stops between 68 and 84 no? and also, the N used should be 68-24 + 1?

hey your doing better than me! i got a 60% on the mock

what type of Q did they ask on retirement income? Is that part of PM in the curiccumlum? I remember a theoretical discussion but caluclations??? UGH.