Got approval from CFAI in 6 business days

Just went to website and found out I got CFAI approval all my 64m expereince. My last sponsor finished review on Sept 4, and got approved already. That was so quick. Now I have to wait local society (Toronto). Does local society ever reject work exp enough it’s approved by CFAI? Does anyone know how long it’ll take at local society? Thank you.

more than your 6 days at the CFAI, most likely

Got work approval from CFAI today as well. Hilarious, they rejected all of my capital markets experience (need more info) but I still had enough to be approved for full membership (squeaked in by 3 months!).

I had the CFAI approve all my experience, but the local society is now asking for more details on one of them. I think both the CFAI and the local society looks at and have to approve the experience.

6 business days!! sweeeeeeet! my sponsor review finished this morning so let’s see how long this takes… hoping the Toronto chapter has short turnaround times…*one can wish right…*

CFAI approved my work exp in 10 days and i got the email from CFAI and my local Society at exactly the same time asking me to activate my membership. Paid straight away an saw the letters after my name as soon as i went back to my home page. Was gearing up to have to wait weeks so am totally impressed!

Which city are you at?

London

Wow quick. Anyone know how quick the DC society is to review?

Yeah, the CFA UK Society is hyper efficient and also more expensive than the average CFA Society…

I have 42 decision days remaining (London) , am I going to get the activation mail tomorrow?

Sweet! Just got approval for 52 months by CFAI. About 50 months not approved, but I didn’t think those would necessarily be approved anyway. Onto society review!

Done, got the three letters after my name :slight_smile:

i got my affiliate membersip, paid NYSSA, and will have 48 months effective 10/1. should i just have to pay CFAI dues on 10/1 to see those letters?

cookthebooks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i got my affiliate membersip, paid NYSSA, and will > have 48 months effective 10/1. should i just have > to pay CFAI dues on 10/1 to see those letters? As soon as I paid CFAI, I logged in and saw ,CFA after my name. That was last Friday. Yesterday I received the email confirmation.

Hi, Maybe someone knows this: assuming you become regular member, how long does it take to receive the actual physical charter?

marius_ig Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, > > Maybe someone knows this: assuming you become > regular member, how long does it take to receive > the actual physical charter? They will be sending it out and according to their email. sometime before december.

DC has its new member ceremony in mid-November. I assume I’d be receiving it then.

grrrr i was approved for affiliate membership with 47/48 months of work experience. 10/1 gave me my 48th month of work experience so i submitted the upgrade. i was told i now have to start the work review process again at the CFAI and then local society level. there are no differences between the upgrade queue and the original queue. could be 6-8 weeks, which im sure it won’t be, but still sucks to hear. nothing materially has changed with my work, i just accrued the month. so frustrating##^%