got dinged : (

oh well. problem is coming out of grad school, you ironically limit some opportunities.this one said “we are looking for 1 yr experience out of undergrad” this was for boutique research… oh well, time to work on new leads…

Dude, seriously, WTF?

Thank you for submitting your nearly-constant status updates to AnalystForum. In reviewing your comments, we need some additional info. Can you please provide your overall GPA?

zimzim78 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, seriously, WTF? yeah, they want clean slate and fear people who have learned to think in one way, etc…weird. oh well, im not gonna complain about it, gotta move on.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank you for submitting your nearly-constant > status updates to AnalystForum. In reviewing > your comments, we need some additional info. > Can you please provide your overall GPA? Analyst forum, twitter for finance geeks.

That sucks, Daj. Are you looking at research as your first choice?

cfaatsb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That sucks, Daj. > Are you looking at research as your first choice? yes. it does suck, so I will go throw cold water in my face and hit up job boards and more alumni outreaching… research is indeed my first choice. that is probably the major reason I am still looking. i have closed myself off to everything else, but might have to reconsider. I graduated in june post CFA exam.

i thought you were working already Daj

Daj, just out of curiosity, what are you using? career builder, financejobs, monster,cfai website, all of the above?

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Daj, > > just out of curiosity, what are you using? > > career builder, financejobs, monster,cfai website, > all of the above? hey i use efincareer and alumni networking mostly. I have gotten into deep rounds with some firms, so i know i am a pretty decent candidate, but end of day, I am not closing the deal. It is tough when my competition is people with MORE experience and probably ALREADY charterholders. I will keep at it until jan 09, then move into marketing pet food and mac and cheese like my other MBA buddies : )

What school did you get your MBA from? I am thinking of getting my MBA as well. Thanks

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh well. problem is coming out of grad school, you > ironically limit some opportunities.this one said > “we are looking for 1 yr experience out of > undergrad” this was for boutique research… > > > oh well, time to work on new leads… This is coming from somebody who knows a guy who runs M&A at a Fortune 100 Company and has Hedge Funds managers “critiquing” his models on a daily basis…

If daj is anything like he is on this forum in real life, I see no reason whatsoever why he would have a problem closing the deal.

jalmy8 Wrote: > > This is coming from somebody who knows a guy who > runs M&A at a Fortune 100 Company and has Hedge > Funds managers “critiquing” his models on a daily > basis… jalmy, I already know you dont like me, and that is fine. but please dont be ignorant: just b/c I have email conversations with m/a guy and hedge fund managers does NOT dictate that one of them should hire me. let me give you more color, b/c it seems to me that you are in your early 20s and havent experienced much of the real world. 1. m/a contact is from a forum I joined. He offerred help, so we exchange model ideas a lot. 2. HF manager is former alum from my mba prgm, and he did say in may 09 he’d like to see where I am b/c he is rasing cap right now but cant hire new blood right now so long story short, please use more sense when you post and less venom.

We may never hear Jalmy’s response, on account of his head having exploded upon reading Daj’s last post. Daj, you have a unique knack for getting under people’s skin, I’ll give you that much. Apparently this is not an asset when applying for a job.

Well - when Daj tells me to put a little more “sense” into posts…well…obviously he fails to heed his own advice. Who in there right mind posts how having a graduate degree “limits opportunities”? Is this some sort of ego boost? I just don’t get it. Furthermore, is there really a point in posting about it? Whatever, I’ll shut up about it. I’m adding too much nonsense to this thread anyhow.

:shakes head:

This is great.

daj = everything that is wrong with business schools today. high gmat and no leadership skills. Edit. With a name like “Daj” I am assuming a high gmat score. If that is racist, sorry.

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Who in there right mind posts how having a > graduate degree “limits opportunities”? I meant that a lot of roles I am interested in they rather have fresh out of undergrad people take them right now: that labor is cheaper, esp in research. The market is tough for recent grads. if you were a decent human being, you might see that…but obviously you cannot empathize, I feel sorry for you.