Got into an usc mba!

Network with some thick folks too!

What are you doing in tech mijo? Ashley Madison?

its embarassing. but i kind of want to know about digital media. like seo crap. i feel like a lot of people making money as fba/dropshippers. so i want to do that as a careers and maybe a side hustle. i want to be enterprenurial in my 30s esp since i got over 500k. the returns i see there is so sexy.

I’m looking into an e-commerce store too. Why not skip the MBA and use the money to start the school of real world business :joy:

prestige. credibility. make rich friends. roi bit hard to justify though. i did a calculation of years to breakeven including opp cost, and taxes. and its about 19 years b4 mba wins assuming 10% market returns. passed 13.5%, no mba wins. and at 0% market return breakeven at 10 years starting right now. lol

what about compounding

Do a plumbing degree! Plumbing > CFA and you get the benefit of a greatly diversified skillset

With rates between 1 to 3 percent. I plan to lever what I can’t get for free. Total cost is about 150k. ■■■■ me. It makes me sad. But ultimately the goal is to ask daddy Biden to grant me absolution from my loans.

Fix the pipes to make it rain

damn homie throwing away 150 k

What’s 1% of 100k? I will delay payment of principal. Some loans extend further than 10 years. It’ll be de minimis. I’ll prolly generate 100k passively in 3.5 yrs.

That’s a good, local MBA. I think for it to be worth it you need to have some idea of what the next career step is. Like, if you get an MBA and are stuck at the same salary/position…that’s a tough sell.

But for real, what about MBA vs CFA value? Thoughts??

unlikely…keep compounding in college

ultimately these questions depend on your starting age, investment return. pre mba comp. no mba salary growth. post mba comp. post mba salary growth. yearly cost of mba. internship income. and ur respective effective tax based on income.
the breakeven for me is in 19 years when i assume 10% market returns, similar salary growth, median post mba comp, and similar living expenses.

Congrats man. Recently finished my MBA at Emory. Did it part-time while working. Not looking to make any major moves at the moment- it was more of a “keeping up with the competition” move for me.

grats to u as well. howd you pay for it?

Thanks, there were some long days but I think it’ll be worth it. Paid cash.

respect. why didnt u finance? also not worth to do scholarships huh? i was thinking abotu it initially.

I got a $10k scholarship from Emory and my employer reimbursed $5k/yr so that helped. I decided to cash flow it because I’m just not a big fan of debt. Even though I could have financed it and invested the cash, I want to keep my fixed costs as low as possible to give myself max flexibility and minimize those negative outcomes in the Monte Carlo.

icic. any tips for me. something you wish you did.
i didnt get any automatic scholarships. i flexed on my nw. prolly shouldnt have done that.
also they dont consider retirement funds investments assets for fafsa. thx god.

I’d say aside from the obvious importance of networking, try to enjoy the ride. It can seem like a long road ahead at the start, but it helps to try to stay in the moment and soak in as much of the experience as you can.

This may be better advice for PT MBAs though as they tend to be longer than FT.