Grading Question: Adding incorrect information to a correct response.

If you are asked for ONE reason, and you provide two but only one is correct, how is this graded? Anyone know?

The graders grade the first answer given, and ignore the second answer completely.

They are given strict instructions to draw a line through your second answer.

i heard they use white-out

How about using an" and" in an answer. I have seen cases like that in some c fa answers

fitrangnn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How about using an" and" in an answer. I have seen > cases like that in some c fa answers The use of the word “AND” is strictly forbidden.

it’s a common joke among graders. When they see the word AND, they shout AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD we shred it! That’s pretty much where the 50% fail rate comes from.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fitrangnn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How about using an" and" in an answer. I have > seen > > cases like that in some c fa answers > > > The use of the word “AND” is strictly forbidden. I’m assuming you’re joking, but thought I’d better check.?

Are you joking about crossing out the additional answers?

Also, where did you guys get the info on grading, is there a FAQ somewhere or is this word of mouth from past graders.