Great resource on how to fight a speeding ticket

I know some of you have some concerns about hiring a lawyer, but you could also check out the link I posted above and try to defend yourself in a court of law… Most challenging thing is to not be intimidated by the judge, and also make sure you’re pretty quick with your rate calculations especially if you haven’t been given access to evidence via the pre-trial discovery process…

I have a PS3. I like GTA4 and driving over grannies in my make believe car. A car or not car has nothing to do with frugality or whatever and everything to do with being unnatural. At it turns out humans are living organisms attatched to their environment and were not meant to sit in boxes (shocking I know). Having a not car is actually in your best interest, but people are convinced by society, incorrectly, that the car-life is in their best interest.

Thanks numi. I wish I had read this a year ago.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Would you get a hike up in insurance premiums just > for one violation of going 20 mph over the limit? > I guess this probably varies from one insurance > company to another but am curious. I know my renewal form asks for any moving violations within the past 3 years. I can’t say with 100% certainty that having any violations to list results in an automatic rate hike, but I think the little lizard that reviews the policies isn’t asking because he is concerned about my wellbeing. In NJ, 20 mph over is 4 points though, so almost certainly a premium hike. BTW numi, great link to begin with. Thanks.

That guide is a bit much for me. I’ve always been told STFU! when the officer is at your car while you admit to nothing. Asking to have the court date moved, asking to see the radar, ask him this, that, etc will only p!ss off the college drop out officer which will lead him to potentially show up at court. Beware following all the steps verbatim. In MN I don’t think we have $50 lawyers for tickets. I’ve had good luck showing up to court, speaking to the prosecutor, whom has said both times, “Pay this fine and it’ll stay off your record.” I did it twice without any regret. I can’t fathom showing up to court several times over a $1xx ticket when you figure in opportunity cost, lost time at work, and embarrassment of telling others that you have legal issues you’re dealing with.

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If 25 or over the limit they can charge you with > reckless driving, a class B misd I think (least in > my state)…that will kill you on insurance. I pay $2200 a year on a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder - without theft or collision!!! I had a reckless and a fender bender in 2007…the insurance companies are KILLING ME. Fortunately, I’ve been clean for over a year (driving) so its almost time to renegotiate insurnace rates/switch carriers

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That guide is a bit much for me. I’ve always been > told STFU! when the officer is at your car while > you admit to nothing. Asking to have the court > date moved, asking to see the radar, ask him this, > that, etc will only p!ss off the college drop out > officer which will lead him to potentially show up > at court. Beware following all the steps > verbatim. > I think you may have misinterpreted the guide. I thought the guide clearly stated that you should NOT ask these questions while on your car and save them for the trial date.