Great resource on how to fight a speeding ticket

Hi All, I had made a post here over half a year ago about a speeding ticket. Since that time, a number of you asked for the results of the case and how to fight it. I found a very good resource online that actually helped me successfully fight a ticket. This is a great reference for anyone that finds themselves in a similar logjam: http://www.worldlawdirect.com/article/903/fighting-speeding-ticket.html It’s definitely worth the time and energy to go through this document, especially if you have confidence that you’ll win the case or that you were illegitimately charged with speeding. Note that this post is not an endorsement of breaking the speed limit or otherwise conducting any civil/criminal activity.

i have beat a bunch of tickets. get lawyer and have them file motion to dismiss

Isn’t that more expensive than paying the ticket?

How much did you have to pay the lawyers? Also, maybe it’s just been your luck but what guarantees are there that the lawyer will be successful in getting the motion to dismiss? i.e. was the reason for insufficient evidence, incompetent witness, missing officer, or what?

The USA has become the land of endless rules, regulations, procedures, fees, tickets, fines, and other forms of bullsh@t reasons why you can’t do whatever you wanna. Land of freedom my a$$. I got a ticket while inside paying a ticket once. People have lost their marbles.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I > got a ticket while inside paying a ticket once. > People have lost their marbles. Lol, that sucks. Did you go back to pay the second ticket too?

I just got a ticket for being parked in the same spot for 24 hours straight. When I presented proof that I had only been in the state for 12 hours they denied my claim stating that there was not enough evidence to dismiss.

Driving licenses need to be tiered based on more than just one driving test. There are way too many people that aren’t qualified to operate a motor vehicle.

CzarHC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got a ticket for being parked in the same > spot for 24 hours straight. When I presented > proof that I had only been in the state for 12 > hours they denied my claim stating that there was > not enough evidence to dismiss. Maybe they thought you could use that artvandalay’s teleportation machine.

cheap lawyers are 50 bucks. i am 9-9 with this

lol @ artvandalay’s machine

no judge wants to deal with a lawyer… none… they rather offer deals to the people with no lawyers… i speed a lot so in court a lot and see this time and time again

CzarHC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Isn’t that more expensive than paying the ticket? The ticket’s usually not the big cost, it’s the 3 year increase in insurance premiums for a moving violation.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got a ticket while inside paying a ticket once. > People have lost their marbles. Did you park illegally while paying for your first ticket?

Even if you fight the ticket you are still playing into the game of insanity, now you are hiring lawyers and wasting your time with ticket fighting. For 10yrs I had no car, that won the fight (and solves the “sitting delima” see other thread), now I have one and it is total bs like I always knew it would be.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Even if you fight the ticket you are still playing > into the game of insanity, now you are hiring > lawyers and wasting your time with ticket > fighting. For 10yrs I had no car, that won the > fight (and solves the “sitting delima” see other > thread), now I have one and it is total bs like I > always knew it would be. best money i ever spent

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CzarHC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Isn’t that more expensive than paying the > ticket? > > > The ticket’s usually not the big cost, it’s the 3 > year increase in insurance premiums for a moving > violation. Would you get a hike up in insurance premiums just for one violation of going 20 mph over the limit? I guess this probably varies from one insurance company to another but am curious.

On a car or a lawyer?

If 25 or over the limit they can charge you with reckless driving, a class B misd I think (least in my state)…that will kill you on insurance.

Wait a minute purealpha … shame on you! I thought you were the last AFer who was truly immune to that evil American consumerism as many people here see it. Where are all those speeches of frugality? A car for purealpha? Next time you’ll say you bought a Playstation or something.